Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A slow start here in Bewdley with cloud and some dampness left over from last night's rain. However, it's now a beautiful afternoon with mostly blue skies and only a few wisps of cloud. Currently 21.8 °C with a nice breeze to take the edge off the heat of the sun.

• Like 1

Posted

A very disappointing day. Verging from cloudy to just plain dull, as now. Seemed like it might brighten up around lunchtime, but it wasn't to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Glorious day here in Costa Del Solihull and 25c.....can’t be bad

• Like 2

Posted

Quickly improved after a poor start here. Warmest day of the year in fact hitting 24c and still 23c. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Easily the warmest feeling day of the year, although my 23.4 °C max was two-tenths off the mark set many weeks ago now. Still in the very high teens and sunny, enough so that I'm going to sit outside with a book for a while, in a T-shirt, and I don't expect to feel at all chilly. Hoping tomorrow does take the "warmest day of the year" crown, since it's probably the last chance for a while.

• Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Easily the warmest feeling day of the year, although my 23.4 °C max was two-tenths off the mark set many weeks ago now. Still in the very high teens and sunny, enough so that I'm going to sit outside with a book for a while, in a T-shirt, and I don't expect to feel at all chilly. Hoping tomorrow does take the "warmest day of the year" crown, since it's probably the last chance for a while.

Ugh!!!  Have you seen the model outlook for next week....I think the kids pool will showing itself for the first time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, davehsug said:

A very disappointing day. Verging from cloudy to just plain dull, as now. Seemed like it might brighten up around lunchtime, but it wasn't to be.

cloud bank further north than yesterday, here it brightened up around 12.30, cloud bank could see to my north, yesterday could see blue skies to my south

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ugh!!!  Have you seen the model outlook for next week....I think the kids pool will showing itself for the first time

Who knows? The GEFS 12z, at least, is all over the place from the 27th onwards. Probably not quite as settled or as warm as now, but I wouldn't like to put my house on that!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Who knows? The GEFS 12z, at least, is all over the place from the 27th onwards. Probably not quite as settled or as warm as now, but I wouldn't like to put my house on that!

GFS/GEFS will catch with the others.....UKMO & ECM looking sweet 

Posted

Hit 26C yesterday, a bit cooler today but still brilliant for May.

• Like 1

Posted

A solid day in the end, though a disappointing amount of cloud in the early morning and evening. A lovely, mostly sunny afternoon, though, and 22.5 °C isn't anything to sniff at for this time of year. Of course the remarkable weather is going to come to an end sooner or later, and I suspect a return to average, showery conditions is going to feel like quite a shock when it does -- but it doesn't look like happening yet.

To be honest we're starting to get to the point where despite the wet winter we'll need some rain before too much longer. Meaning proper rain, not just the splash we look like getting in these parts tonight as the bulk of it passes to my NW. A summer as dry as this spring has been would be bad news for gardens and crops alike, annoying as the rain would be. Maybe we can have it all overnight and then sun in the daytime!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first measurable rain for 19 days here last night ending the longest rainless spell wholly in May since I began keeping records in 1963. The total for the month so far is 4.1 mm so there's still  a chance of this being the driest May on record, currently held by 1991 with 11.2 mm. A lot depends on how many showers we get tonight and tomorrow and whether or not the latest ECM output is correct.

Posted

Ridiculously windy, windiest day of year certainly, green leaves everywhere, tomorrow looks even worse with higher chance of showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Woken up by the wind and horizontal rain at 04:00  this morning slamming against the window..

Very windy here too today.

Put the runners out yesterday and some have been really beaten up.

Got half a dozen spares though, So should be alright.

Anybody seen Rainbow Snow (DRL) recently?

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nice to have some rain here as the ground is v dry and could do with it for the first cut of silage as hardly any growth to speak of,  light sometimes moderate rain with lighter winds compared to last few days and low cloud shrouding the higher hills around me.

• Like 1

Posted

The next round of warm weather is officially on as the sun has just come out. 19C.

Posted
On 19/05/2020 at 21:25, Dancerwithwings said:

GFS/GEFS will catch with the others.....UKMO & ECM looking sweet 

Just an update regarding this forthcoming weeks glorious weather that we’ll be having....I mentioned last Tuesday that this week would be good, but it’s even above my expectations, after tomorrow temperatures will be mid 20’s all week with deep blue skies....prestained glass window

To MIA....looking good for my May CET guess at 12.7c

Posted

Cracking chart...easily 27c 

Ordered a new pool yesterday for the kids, delivery tomorrow, now where are them speedos 

ECM1-96_gsg3.GIF

Posted
2 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just an update regarding this forthcoming weeks glorious weather that we’ll be having....I mentioned last Tuesday that this week would be good, but it’s even above my expectations, after tomorrow temperatures will be mid 20’s all week with deep blue skies....prestained glass window

To MIA....looking good for my May CET guess at 12.7c

us in the NW, a hiccup on Tuesday though

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
14 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

us in the NW, a hiccup on Tuesday though

Is a monsoon forecasted ??? only joking, yes a little varied cloud forecasted but bar from Tuesday it’s looking great and into the weekend ?

• Like 1

Posted

23C with a few point of -1C. Dry heat had become a lot more common these last few years.

Posted

sign of tomorrows change now, feel for us in NW of the region tomorrow, with cloud and maybe even a little rain, while rest of you enjoying 25 degrees and sunny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Wall to wall sunshine in Northants today.

20200525_121708.jpg

• Like 2