DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Climate change equates to more winter rainfall, snow could be something of the past. After last year's disappointment I don't have any expectations from this winter either.

Just nipped outside take the rubbish out (freekin' freezin'), really large wet flakes mixed in now, good 1 1/2 - 2cm clumps size wise.

This batch of precip not heavy enough....gap on radar too... turned to snowflakes but light/ moderate at a push... maybe later on...

2 inches of snow which as I was out earlier I would not of expected at 5pm there was blue skies well well.

Everywhere covered.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 3

Can’t beat the very festive 85% cold rain 15% sleet we had here earlier 😂😂😂

Just driven back from Barmouth/Dolgellau through the middle of Wales and seen no snow at all, cold rain by the coast and dry inland. East of Newtown the skies cleared and stayed that way all the way home.

Yet I'm seeing reports of snow around Knighton/Clun area? Strange

Things are a little desperate for us snow seekers atm, nothing may not come from this, but Tuesday could turn a little wintry.

A070309E-528E-40BD-8633-02AB094CF769.thumb.png.30e819e7c0abe6a9d8c045b293dc822f.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Things are a little desperate for us snow seekers atm, nothing may not come from this, but Tuesday could turn a little wintry.

A070309E-528E-40BD-8633-02AB094CF769.thumb.png.30e819e7c0abe6a9d8c045b293dc822f.png

All change, it’s all cold rain and mainly for the East of our region...thank god it clears by mid morning. 

1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

All change, it’s all cold rain and mainly for the East of our region...thank god it clears by mid morning. 

Ah well, at least we have at least another 3 months to try and see some snow:-) Must admint I'm not all that optimistic right now. 

• Like 2

Another pretty long snow shower 30 mins ago started off as rain mild cold SWly at 2.1c

Just remembered about this, did anyone last night around 2am feel or hear some strange noise? I woke up thinking it was an earthquake or something but wasn’t sure, could of been really strong wing that lasted few minutes, I’m definitely not talking crap as there was something weird going on. Anyone feel or hear anything?

Thick, wet fog this morning after freezing fog before dawn. The temperature at 0900 was 0.0c after a minimum of -1.4c, the lowest of the winter so far here.

Merry Christmas to all.

Travelling up to  Chester today.

A frost here -  Current temp is -0.2C, and a beautiful clear start to the day.. 

May we have loads of snow in the New Year.

MIA

Constant nonstop drizzle for 2 days straight now (urgh...) As my Grandad used to say, "it's the type of rain that wet's you to the bones" (just with less potter's dialect 😛 )

Hope it clears up for New years *crosses fingers