Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Not a sound or drop of rain last night, today not looking great either today, BBC still insists on some activity from 10am, whereas the Met-Office, just has light rain from mid afternoon, storm threat a wee bit of a joke locally really. Latest pulse or rain (or storms!) looks likely to hit parts of the south-east and east anglia on it's current track.

Thunder what thunder since last night we only had rain not even a flash of lightning never mind a crack of thunder and met office still had yellow warning until 10 a M tomorrow morning 

So...do we have a chance tonight? OK, I accept that the big storms will be to the southeast but the Met Office forecasts I've seen have the general area of thunderstorms moving across us.

Wednesday looks really crap, north sea mist and very chilly wind off the cold north sea, could take until 3pm here for mist to lift

Heatwave and thunderstorm risk should cancelled in this area now

That little cell just to our west is actually holding together remarkably well...even though it's not been electrically active for a while. It could just spark off again, you never know.

Clouds to my east are looking a bit more interesting too.

1 hour ago, Gord said:

That little cell just to our west is actually holding together remarkably well...even though it's not been electrically active for a while. It could just spark off again, you never know.

Clouds to my east are looking a bit more interesting too.

What is coming out of France is far more interesting, but what direction will that lot take and how intense it'll be if it does come our way, only time will tell ?!?!

1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

What is coming out of France is far more interesting, but what direction will that lot take and how intense it'll be if it does come our way, only time will tell ?!?!

Sadly I don't think it is coming our way, though I wouldn't rule out some kind of further thundery activity.

Looks like our little cell is piping right down again now. I reckon as it continues to meander northeast, it could wake up again and surprise somewhere else.

well the yellow warning for thunderstorms have come and gone not even a flash of lightning or a crack of thunder anyway here all we have this morning is moderate rain 

Very heavy rain this morning adding to the massive rain amounts this june no thunder but an extra 40mm more water logged fields and flooding,now thick fog in june lol.

Pretty awful day here. almost 1 inch of rainfall, 96% humidity and the temps are a disappointing 16.4'c 😞

Heavy and persistent rain here in the morning and at midday, with drizzle falling all day. 

Another very wet and dull day.

So sick of this gloom. 3 days now with no sun. The temperatures may have changed, the weather hasn't. 

Did see the sun briefly today for about 1 min.

Well that was a vile old "summer's day" and we are still suffering some mizzle now.

Are we gonna get any of the heatwave? There is suddenly a rather vital cricket match on Sunday.

The mist has started to roll in as darkness descends upon us. Couldn’t feel any further away from summer weather right now.