Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Yup gfs didnt have any snow till between 3 and 6am for us

The 18z GFS pushes the precipitation further east. One area north of London stays under snowfalp for 30 hours according to that run though. 😮

1 minute ago, MKN said:

The 18z GFS pushes the precipitation further east. One area north of London stays under snowfalp for 30 hours according to that run though. 😮

Further east🤔 what does that mean for us lol!!

1 minute ago, shaky said:

Yup gfs didnt have any snow till between 3 and 6am for us

Having just seen the 18z GFS run, it does look a bit worse for anywhere north of Oxfordshire now 😒

If you compare it to this mornings 06z run, it shifts it Southwards a fair bit. Still, I stick to what I said a minute ago, I don't think it's over yet😄

image.thumb.png.6c4634c6236c79cc5d8803a3b1c5257b.png

image.thumb.png.7db76e05e692df0578f4797b3ad604ca.png

So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop?😒

Edited by andy_leics22

5 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I was thinking then, surely it's all relative? -16C uppers were moderated somewhat by the strengthening sun...still bitterly cold mind. -8C uppers in December weren't moderated and broke local seasonal temperature records. 

I guess though a 'beast' in its strictest sense is an easterly with extremely cold uppers. 

What I mean is, just imagine how cold it would be if we had those -16 uppers in mid winter with the very weak sun.

4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

What I mean is, just imagine how cold it would be if we had those -16 uppers in mid winter with the very weak sun.

be snowier with more convection off warmer seas,

10 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Having just seen the 18z GFS run, it does look a bit worse for anywhere north of Oxfordshire now 😒

If you compare it to this mornings 06z run, it shifts it Southwards a fair bit. Still, I stick to what I said a minute ago, I don't think it's over yet😄

image.thumb.png.6c4634c6236c79cc5d8803a3b1c5257b.png

image.thumb.png.7db76e05e692df0578f4797b3ad604ca.png

After looking at this i most certainly am calling it a night!!

7 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

So with reports of no snow yet in Northampton, I'm guessing the current PPN showing for that area is anaprop?😒

I think it’s all over for Leicestershire Andy 😞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

As I was getting impatient I took a drive south from Worcester thru’ Malvern and then over to Tewksbury and all I can report is a few flakes, so anaprop is probably a good bet. Need heavier band further south to keep pushing North. 

MNR

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

I think it’s all over for Leicestershire Andy 😞

I'll admit, that 18z run has killed it a bit 😟 

I still think some light snow will reach Leicestershire but there's no doubt it has shifted southwards on that run. Anyway, we are currently in 'nowcasting' mode so anything is possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Some small ppn looks like making it to Birmingham.

1612346295_SmartSelect_20190131-220716_WeatherRadar.thumb.jpg.4ba45ecc7a33f08b5e71564939ab1b0d.jpg

don't get too excited, the radars have been showing light snow over us but there is nothing falling!

Snow settling in Harrow, London, where my family live.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

don't get too excited, the radars have been showing light snow over us but there is nothing falling!

Mage a gif just for you lol. Still hope and it is moving North no doubt. Still hope of a dusting and slight upgrade by Met

2005083194_SmartSelect_20190131-221354_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.46c4222f378d9a91d06dab2ca440c10b.gif

SmartSelect_20190131-220716_Weather&Radar.jpg

2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Mage a gif just for you lol. Still hope and it is moving North no doubt. Still hope of a dusting and slight upgrade by Met

2005083194_SmartSelect_20190131-221354_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.46c4222f378d9a91d06dab2ca440c10b.gif

SmartSelect_20190131-220716_Weather&Radar.jpg

Thanks! I don't think it is much to get excited about though!

Edited by Serendipity

Think I’ve finally given up on this poxy crap now, you no there’s probably more chance of getting snow tomorrow from showers and will probably be heavier than this crap in the south anyway

On 30/01/2019 at 22:08, markw2680 said:

Have to say the latest charts do still seem adamant on a slight shift even more south at this rate it may just touch the Cotswolds. Think we could all do with a good 100 mile shift north in the morning 

Haha posted this yesterday about this time didn’t actually think it would be the case though

• Like 1

Looks decent in Devon and Cornwall on news 

not quite Chicago though 🤪

Just now, markw2680 said:

Think I’ve finally given up on this poxy crap now, you no there’s probably more chance of getting snow tomorrow from showers and will probably be heavier than this crap in the south anyway

True although it looks like a shower is possible now in the next hour or so.

Yeovil Blizzard this was taken just.

IMG-20190131-WA0000.thumb.jpg.06b04a176af713b8e88594b461c6fc75.jpg

1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

True although it looks like a shower is possible now in the next hour or so.

Yeovil Blizzard this was taken just.

IMG-20190131-WA0000.thumb.jpg.06b04a176af713b8e88594b461c6fc75.jpg

irony is in about two weeks the south and south east crewe will still be moaning that they never get snow. the way its hugging the southern counties its turned into a channel runner rather than a sliding low....winter 2019 storms on and on #yawn

I know the primary is snow, but I have actually enjoyed following this "event". I have found it fascinating as to the amount of changes in forecasts and the downgrading/upgrading. 

I think I have learnt more about the weather with this than ever before. 

• Like 1

Looks like it's pepping up over London. Bit of convection caused by the heat island, maybe.