Midlands Regional Discussion

21 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

What a shame this is, huge opportunity. If we could have had this front tonight. It’s sctually a lot wider than it looked on the models. We’ve been the breeding ground for somewhere like Milton Keynes, east into London for quite a low of snow IMO. 

Turning more snowy now but all too little too late. Thursday had better perform. 

Snow is very rare at low levels from a pure Atlantic front SW turning W breeze, especially during the day, only event like that here recently was 13th Dec '17, but after 7pm

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

Posted Images

Snow line about an hour ago was halfway between J14 and J15 of the M6 but not settling.

Hanley and Burslem have a bit of slushy stuff but it's the elevation into Smallthorne and Norton which means we have lying snow but is is very wet.

Traffics screwed on the main roads but that's fine, I took some side roads with big hills and everyone was clearing avoiding them and didn't skid once. Pansies!

Nothing but rain here still, temps 3.2'c and dew point 0.3'c, so you'd think we'd have at least sleet?

Front will pass in around an hour, so i think this is a dud for this area now ?

Never mind, next dud, erm....I mean 'snow event' Thursday to despair over 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Nothing but rain here still, temps 3.2'c and dew point 0.3'c, so you'd think we'd have at least sleet?

Front will pass in around an hour, so i think this is a dud for this area now ?

Never mind, next dud, erm....I mean 'snow event' Thursday to despair over 

Weird cos i got sleet here in east leicester!

50 minutes ago, #windysnow# said:

completely agree!! I presume your still getting rain? Im in Ashby so if yours turns let me know ?

It is just on the turn now next 15-20 mins. Here's hoping. Unfortunately the heavy part has past now.

The front seemed to have slowed on the radar a few showers building over wales which is good So we might still see a few flakes. into this evening.

Thursday seems our best hope.

temps falling away now.

24 minutes ago, Diamond Joe said:

Snow now in Shirley near Solihull woohoo 

Yep, can confirm a few wet snowflakes mixed in the rain in Solihull. ? 

Should be on Cyclonic Happiness’s way very soon!

• Thanks 1

Just turned to snow here, not heavy but snow, metoffice forecast still insists on this fall as heavy and light snow from now until 8pm, can't see that happening, maybe another hour or so. The main danger should be for ice later in the night. 1.5C.

Edited by DIS1970
7 minutes ago, shaky said:

Weird cos i got sleet here in east leicester!

1.1C/-0.5C here and its still sleety rain- the temp has been dropping for hours, why isn't it snowing? It's heavier than earlier so evaporative cooling as well?

Just seems random- places around Birmingham getting snow, everyone else rain and sleet, with similar temps. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Very heavy snow now it's so nice to see it still exists lol

Hi Snowangel..

Just had 10mins of heavy and big flakes and its just starting to settle on the lawn.

The fact that you still have snow falling some 20miles west of here is encouraging for here. The back-edge is pepping up and possibly slowly down, and I think people in the Central/East  Midlands can still get a covering.

Temperature now down to 1.1C and still fallling as the snow becomes fluffier.

MIA

• Like 1