Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

Watching snow fall I love the most, yes snow on the ground is lovely but really all this...it's north it's south drives you potty!! If it snows great if it doesn't well I'm sure there be another time. Just chill being the operative word!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well its still looking good for N Derbys. if you follow GFS.

plenty of ppn, temps ok, just.

GFS seems to have upgraded snow for Peak District and South Pennines 

not looked at Thursday yet. but really is going to be a nowcast situation and plenty of radar / lampost watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I just don't feel it. We needed an Easterly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Storme said:

Yeah I just don't feel it. We needed an Easterly!

I'm still hopeful. The forecasts look good for at least a covering.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very light snow here just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Burton seems to miss the best of it. I have hope that we might see abit Tuesday and Thursday. The latter being our best shot. We are always forecast it but it seems to miss. Anything will be a positive compared to this lacklustre winter so far. Looking at tons of models and reading all the model thread. Anyway should be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North west contingent of our region could catch a few snow showers in early hours ,, maybe as far south as Newcastle .

 

noticed today what a penetrating frost last night brought . 

Puddles were frozen deep down . 

Hope everyone gets to see snow fall this week , and those of us with children can enjoy a few snow days , and release our inner child  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I need to remind myself that this is how snowyish setups usually go in this part of the world, not the exceptional events of Dec 2017 or Mar 2018! No doubt I was thoroughly spoilt by last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

I suppose I need to remind myself that this is how snowyish setups usually go in this part of the world, not the exceptional events of Dec 2017 or Mar 2018! No doubt I was thoroughly spoilt by last year.

Last winter was old skool.  This year we're back in the 21st century. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Last winter was old skool.  This year we're back in the 21st century. 

I have a January mean in Warwickshire a degree colder than 2018. Winter was very late and still not even a twinkle bin the eye on 28th January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had some brief snizzle earlier. This will be my first lamppost watch under new LED lighting. It is bright white so quite hard to see compared to the old lighting (they got swapped over last Thursday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RobR said:

We had some brief snizzle earlier. This will be my first lamppost watch under new LED lighting. It is bright white so quite hard to see compared to the old lighting (they got swapped over last Thursday).

Believe me they are very good, we have led lights around here. Once you go led you certainly won’t go back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, expected a southerly trend but Jesus tonight’s 18z has the front, Thursday predominantly struggling to reach the far south of the midlands, a much weaker feature too. We need to see a trend back north tomorrow, either that or the remainder of this week looks chilly, dry and boring, if you take tonight’s out put at face value. (Not forgetting tomorrow’s rain/sleety mix) 

What a yawn fest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Blimey, expected a southerly trend but Jesus tonight’s 18z has the front, Thursday predominantly struggling to reach the far south of the midlands, a much weaker feature too. We need to see a trend back north tomorrow, either that or the remainder of this week looks chilly, dry and boring, if you take tonight’s out put at face value. (Not forgetting tomorrow’s rain/sleety mix) 

What a yawn fest. 

Yes. The ICON 18z was awful. Really hope it’s wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yes. The ICON 18z was awful. Really hope it’s wrong.

If it’s not, then even my much tested patience is getting ready to load the hammer up with the final nails in the coffin. What a painful chore it is getting cold to this part of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yes. The ICON 18z was awful. Really hope it’s wrong.

Told you Stoke on Trent was terrible mate. Happens everytime. We are always either too far North or too far South. For example Manchester has Snow hammering down right now. Last Winter it got to Stone and went back South. If you want see proper Snow move from Stoke lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Blimey, expected a southerly trend but Jesus tonight’s 18z has the front, Thursday predominantly struggling to reach the far south of the midlands, a much weaker feature too. We need to see a trend back north tomorrow, either that or the remainder of this week looks chilly, dry and boring, if you take tonight’s out put at face value. (Not forgetting tomorrow’s rain/sleety mix) 

What a yawn fest. 

GFS is the only hope, if it's wrong, we're snow free, practically snow free winter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yes. The ICON 18z was awful. Really hope it’s wrong.

You can bet your £'s that it's correct. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, one third snow free winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS is the only hope, if it's wrong, we're snow free, practically snow free winter

GFSP has trended south as well.

Better make the most of the wet flakes I might see tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There'll be plenty more chances for the snow. The sun's not that old yet. Reckon we've got a few million winters to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gord said:

There'll be plenty more chances for the snow. The sun's not that old yet. Reckon we've got a few million winters to go.

Err, no doubt! But you and most of us on here will only have about 40 or so left to witness! Not that many really, especially when you consider how bad many of our winters are in good old Blighty!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

GFSP has trended south as well.

Better make the most of the wet flakes I might see tomorrow.

Its not bad for all of the.midlands south of birmingham of our region looks very good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro4 model does have a nice Cheshire Gap streamer once tomorrow's front clears. Winds NW'ly. Could bring a good dumping for someone. Someone a few miles to my north, south, east or west no doubt.

wo.gif

Edited by MattStoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...