Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Midlands Regional Discussion


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

looks very good this, snow chances Tues night/wed am, all about luck though and wind direction, probably end up going to Shrews/Telf as usual

hgt500-1000.png

Also may see a low pressure system (slider) coming into the cold air around Wednesday/Thursday. GFSP shows a nice snow even for the south and the Midlands. Shame it’s bound to chance a dozen or so times between now and then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I have to reply to this because it's misleading the entire thread, iv studied radars and the weather all my life, the low pressure that formed along the south side of the main low is pushing east,

Nathan "not a weatherman" Rao of the Express says "Army on Standby as heaviest SNOWFALL hits in next 24 hours" What a bellend!    

Posted Images

Just now, MattStoke said:

Also may see a low pressure system (slider) coming into the cold air around Wednesday/Thursday. GFSP shows a nice snow even for the south and the Midlands. Shame it’s bound to chance a dozen or so times between now and then.

will change like mad, we need it tracking along the M4, 06Z is improvement on 00, but not as good as yesterdays 12Z and 18

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Also may see a low pressure system (slider) coming into the cold air around Wednesday/Thursday. GFSP shows a nice snow even for the south and the Midlands. Shame it’s bound to chance a dozen or so times between now and then.

Sod bloody off in the South Midlands. They had their share last year. Our turn in Stoke this year lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next week looking wet rather than white so far. However, the low hasn’t even formed yet so that could change a lot between now and then. Plus, lows are always weakened closer to verification, rather than strengthened. 

Dont get any hopes up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Next week looking wet rather than white so far. However, the low hasn’t even formed yet so that could change a lot between now and then. Plus, lows are always weakened closer to verification, rather than strengthened. 

Dont get any hopes up. 

Still snowy on the GFSP, but not really reaching the North Midlands. However, definitely Cheshire Gap streamer territory early next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

18Z not great though for Cheshire Gap snow, winds direct W'ly, Stockport in for a pasting, Welsh mountains in the way for most

gfs-0-96.png?18gfs-0-114.png?18

Winds are north westerly to north-north westerly at the 850hpa level. Precipitation charts give about 2 days of persistent snow showers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Hey everyone! How are we all?

I'm currently residing in Gibraltar at the moment due to a change of job. I miss the fact that I'll never have a chance of seeing snow here ? It usually stays around 14-20c, even during the Winter! I'm only planning on staying here until July though. Hoping to be back in good old England by then ?

 

Has there been much snow around? I have been trying to keep a track of things weather wise over there. I know it snowed a bit in some places earlier on in the week. My mum reported a dusting in Leicester! Having looked at the models, it does look like there will be another shot at snow next week for you guys ?

Hi lovely - well that was quite a change of job - sunny Gib huh? 

You’ll be back, it’s no place for a snow lover ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office and BBC going for rain turning to snow across the Midlands on Tuesday as that low moves in.

So confused about next week bbc have my area (coventry) on tuesday being rain to snow and then next thursday snow all day.. but checking the model thread every low is going to far south or to far north??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shezale said:

So confused about next week bbc have my area (coventry) on tuesday being rain to snow and then next thursday snow all day.. but checking the model thread every low is going to far south or to far north??

Computer models are a complete mess next week. Snow possible almost anywhere but predicting where and when looks impossible at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Computer models are a complete mess next week. Snow possible almost anywhere but predicting where and when looks impossible at the moment.

Guess so but over the years in my own experience these lows generally don't make it that far north of the m4 maybe touching the Gloucester area but lets hope we are in a good postion this time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm ? off to football ️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm ? off to football ️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

4cms, havin' a laugh, you'll get a dumping, we all know it, high ground rules, low ground drools

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nobble said:

That will upgrade ??

I agree, these last minute upgrades are the best too, unlike last weekends disappointment, this time we have upgrades ?

Looks like the Midlands will be a great area to be in this week for us coldies ?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office and BBC going for rain turning to snow across the Midlands on Tuesday as that low moves in.

cool if it's like this! heaviest daytime snow I think I've seen after rain, few cms after this, need more of an open low

 

archives-1998-1-5-0-0.pngarchives-1998-1-5-12-0.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...