Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Recommended Posts

Another Hir res model  the Arome.  Brings heavy showers through the gap from early afternoon  right through till the evening.   very nice. 

       

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Crewe and work in Stoke, on Friday evening Crewe had zero snow and Stoke (10 miles SE and higher up) had quite the dumping!!

Looking at the forecast and charts for overnight what is to be expected for Stoke?

I never trust NW systems through the Cheshire Gap 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh iv always found our best wind direction for snow here is from the nw.

could be good people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

I live in Crewe and work in Stoke, on Friday evening Crewe had zero snow and Stoke (10 miles SE and higher up) had quite the dumping!!

Looking at the forecast and charts for overnight what is to be expected for Stoke?

I never trust NW systems through the Cheshire Gap 😞

Live in Talke /Butt Lane mate and used to work for Kidsgrove taxis. Many times ive seen Snow in Talke / Kidsgrove but nothing 4 miles down the road in Alsager.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

 

Always the case lower ground missing out especially towards the cheshire plains.

Work in Tunstall and Friday was forecast rain/sleet so you never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last winter in December Shrewsbury did very well out of the Cheshire gap. We had big long showers one after another. One of the best I can remember 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit I don't understand the excitement over just a few cms from showers. Why can't we have several foot like they get in the States and Europe. Lol

Edited by Andypvfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met Office still saying hills only. Total nonsense. They always say that in this setup and I always get clobbered. Look at how good the parameters are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I’ll be surprised if there’s much at low ground but don’t think you need to go up much to get some 

Edited by markw2680
Mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last nights dense fog was a sign 

 

snow is coming ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Tbh I’ll be surprised if there’s much at low ground tonight but don’t think you need to go up much to get some 

I agree  A Lot of quite high areas in the midlands  i suspect most will see some.  radar watching as always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andypvfc said:

Must admit I don't understand the excitement over just a few cms from showers. Why can't we have several foot like they get in the States and Europe. Lol

Snow is snow, whether that be a few cms or a few feet. Whilst we all want to see 6ft of snow and drifts that bury houses, living on this island a few cms of snow is an enjoyable rarity in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Met Office regional forecast now changed to 'Snow to low levels at times' - They always say high ground and we always end up with a good dumping of snow in these setups. I wouldn't call 146 m 'High ground'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office regional forecast now changed to 'Snow to low levels at times' - They always say high ground and we always end up with a good dumping of snow in these setups. I wouldn't call 146 m 'High ground'.

Is that for the showers that follow or the front?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Is that for the showers that follow or the front?

The showers. It looks like the showers should continue for some well into Tuesday night, if not Wednesday morning. I reckon there's a good chance of snow settling even to quite low levels after dark on Tuesday, maybe earlier if they're heavy and/or persistent enough. Will be shocked if I don't do well out of this. North westerlies are the snow jackpot for this area normally! Just so long as the wind direction is right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got in from work and seen the latest looks tasty although showing rain for me at the moment tonight and chance of snow tomorrow lunch time but it's still got time to change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trough on the fax charts will inhance the showers, at this rate it’s a snow event all day long.

A5A8A864-CD40-4097-8BA5-95E2FFDF44B5.thumb.png.d10fecd14488f243f726123dd6769d6e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andypvfc said:

Must admit I don't understand the excitement over just a few cms from showers. Why can't we have several foot like they get in the States and Europe. Lol

Well I suppose we take what we can get!

For me (and probably most on here) the snow is something to be welcomed in whatever quantity we get. Although it can be a pain for travel (not so much for me as my commute is very local - but I appreciate it makes if difficult for some), snowfall is magical. It reminds me of being a kid again when it seemed to come out of nowhere, looking at an ashen sky with huge flakes falling.

Not holding out too much hope here in the East Mids but you never know.,

 

And thanks to everyone on here for their insight. I never knew there were so many like minded weather enthusiasts out there!


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

The trough on the fax charts will inhance the showers, at this rate it’s a snow event all day long.

A5A8A864-CD40-4097-8BA5-95E2FFDF44B5.thumb.png.d10fecd14488f243f726123dd6769d6e.png

Then the potential for a Cheshire Gap streamer through the night and into Wednesday morning. I love the Cheshire Gap since moving here 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Then the potential for a Cheshire Gap streamer through the night and into Wednesday morning. I love the Cheshire Gap since moving here 😁

Is it still showing the same for tomorrow on 12z?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Is it still showing the same for tomorrow on 12z?

 

19012306_2_2106.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Then the potential for a Cheshire Gap streamer through the night and into Wednesday morning. I love the Cheshire Gap since moving here 😁

Have a look at the MO video it’s show them showers well into the evening 🥳

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Have a look at the MO video it’s show them showers well into the evening 🥳

The Beeb showed them well into Wednesday, as per the Euro4 model 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

The Beeb showed them well into Wednesday, as per the Euro4 model 🤩

The 12z Arome shows us under streams of Snow Tuesday Night into the early hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

The 12z Arome shows us under streams of Snow Tuesday Night into the early hours. 

Is that for the west mids or central midlands aswell!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...