Snow?

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 1st June onwards

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hail from the storm in York. Wouldn't want that falling on your head!

It was worth all the effort ?

Explosive convection to my west in Norwich. I can see it growing, its immense! Not seen anything like it before except on Storm Chasers on the TV

Posted Images

Just thought I’d check the window that faces north.. some seriously rapid  convection now. This wasn’t here 5 minutes ago!

719FF47B-31A1-4B8B-82A0-E8B070112493.jpeg

• Like 2
Just now, Paul Sherman said:

2 Probable Supercells at the moment, the left mover over Skegness and the one to its south in the Wash. 

Hoping some people can get some pics of these

On my way now, hopefully be on them on the next hour

• Like 1

Gust of 36 mph at Cambridge recently, some fairly strong outflow winds from the line of storms passing through Cambs atm, as synoptic flow is fairly light generally.

Must be interested to be in Peterborough or March right now, there seems to be activity in most directions around them at once from different cells, some moving faster than others, some gaining momentum and others calming down.

1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Gust of 36 mph at Cambridge recently, some fairly strong outflow winds from the line of storms passing through Cambs atm, as synoptic flow is fairly light generally.

Can I ask whether there's a cap still in eastern Norfolk/Suffolk - I'm still dry while there have been several storms around 15 miles to my west?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nick F said:

MCS Looking good for Kent and Essex Later Nick ? Thoughts 

Temps still around 30-32c in these areas that have had zero precip

Probably no chance of storms for us in the Midlands/NW now along with no chance of seeing the Lunar Eclipse due to the cloud initiated by the trough, not the best of days for missing out. The cell south of York is the closest active one for all of today so-far.