South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came on here just to say, it really is a beautiful day I know there's clouds, it's cool, it's grey But for me, it is a beautiful day You're strangers all, but kind of not So I've g

So Summer came, we had a blast Hot day after day, but it's fading fast Not sure I'm ready to say 'Goodbye' To summer warmth, sun high in the sky There's a bit of a nip in the air j

Sounds like: Hello darkness, my old friend I've come to talk with you again Because an Atlantic low is softly creeping Left its rain while I was sleeping And the vision that was planted in my bra

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Yeah a fellow course mate said it was sleeting too. Funny enough I am studying Meteorology at the Uni so I've had a good look round the weather facilities so far!

Brilliant!! It is incredible the facilities. I was blown away...??? .. 

A good mix of hail and sleet (some larger flakes) in some of the more intense showers coming ashore in Bournemouth at the moment. The "bulge" seems to show something possibly whiter to the north of the region..

image.thumb.png.b0f257022d667b4c51f6bc880e35b672.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Morning..... 1.5C on the way to work in relatively heavy rain with a fair bit of sleet mixed in...now at work in segensworth..2.0C moderate rain with bits of sleet...bring on the next sleetmageddon....?️❄️..?

• Like 1

Brief Update

Some of us have seen a little of the white stuff overnight - even a few flakes down here (-1.5c in north-east Exmouth). The band of rain moving north centred over IOW/S Hants has snow on its leading edge.  Winds have veered to the south-south-east and less cold air is just about to push in (more or less as forecast). You can see the sequence on the charts below. David ? 

Live radar                                                   Live radar                                                       Live temps 

lastsnowradar_uk.gif    lastsnowradar_no.gif    temp.png

24 Hours to this morning:    Temps                                 Pressure                                                           Wind

tempresult_rmu9.gif    tempresult_ybx7.gif   tempresult_all7.gif

Edited by Guest

Morning, odd weather here to start the day, it's very grey, foggy and typically autumnal for here when there's a low cloud base but it's also snowing. Not a lot, but it's actual snow ?

• Like 1