Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, pad199207 said:

Wow did ya see the cg and crash in Bognor on the webcam!

There was still someone right on the beach aswell when that hit

• Like 1

just popped into this thread to see if I can find them, but no, not here......Has anyone seen the sun & a thunderstorm?....I've looked outside for days but can't find them and had a tip off that they were in here.....damn, they must be somewhere?! ?

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Just easing myself back in after a short trip to the US , has there been much action over the weekend ?

Can you guess which region missed out? 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

the only evidence of a tornado is from some friend of someone’s that doesn’t make that claim true at all and it’s very unlikely that there was considering I was in the middle of it last night.

https://www.mix96.co.uk/news/local/2591108/videos-tornado-hits-marsworth/

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Looking wet on the web cam in Bognor. Cleared the beech pretty quick.

What a watch that 15 minutes was! First crack of thunder startled all the seagulls and sent them going mad, then saw a CG drop right infront of the cam, and then saw the fire brigade tanking it up the promenade, presumably it possibly hit the butlins resort!? Wow! Storm fix for the day, completed! 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1

The Brighton cell now starting to backbuild and give birth to daughter cells! 

Elsewhere as I mentioned still no other convergence to force a trigger.

I can see some Cu growing as I look East. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with what's over Bognor way, or something separate.

Currently 26.7°C with a dew point of  18.8°C