Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Continuous lightning from the Ashford cell - every 2 seconds. Blitzortung not doing it justice!!! Amazing!!

I can hear that cell in Surrey that is insane 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

Seems to be going crazy down south just like it always does every year every time there's a chance of thunderstorms. It's been like a decade since we had a good thunderstorm up where I am. I have family down there, I was born down there. I don't even know why we moved up here tbh. 

What are the chances of us getting something is this next week? And the days to come. 

One thing i will say is that is very weird to see so much INactivity in Europe. Seeing so much close to home is just .. odd.

3 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

Seems to be going crazy down south just like it always does every year every time there's a chance of thunderstorms. It's been like a decade since we had a good thunderstorm up where I am. I have family down there, I was born down there. I don't even know why we moved up here tbh. 

What are the chances of us getting something is this next week? And the days to come. 

I feel your frustration mate, certainly a better chance of seeing these big storms down South, it makes perfect sense though with the proximity to the continent.                                                             

The problem i think with being in such a central location is that all the action is either way further south, too far east over the hotspot of South Lincs, or in recent years, way to far north! Our time will come eventually and when we do finally see a decent night time storm it will be worth the wait. Well any storm for that matter, night time or not! 

Anyway, can any of our resident chasers report in? where are you!? 

5 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Looking south towards the channel I can see loads of distant flashes. 

I can also still see the moonlight .... 

Put the kettle on, this is it!!

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Bliley. I can hear the thunder from here. Can't see anything though.

Edit: yes, I can. But distant flashes.

Edited by Lauren
9 minutes ago, Dougal said:

The storm crossing the east Channel has run out of gas. Will the same happen for the ones further west?

Yep, they're degrading I reckon.

1 minute ago, West Sussex Kate said:

Put the kettle on this is it.

Unfortunately I think its heading west of us....towards Bognor...so we will have to make do with the distant rumbles and flashes 

• Like 1