Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Just now, Swansonson69 said:

Yup. 

Thanks for the support about me getting yesterday correct it was good to see someone noticed haha 🙂

1 minute ago, Josh Rubio said:

Heading a bit too much in a South Westerly direction for my liking. I fear the main band will miss the Midlands. Would prefer if it was East to West. 

The further south these cells go they seem to level out and move in a more westerly track. Maybe they will curve up towards Wales the more west they get?

1 minute ago, Josh Rubio said:

Heading a bit too much in a South Westerly direction for my liking. I fear the main band will miss the Midlands. Would prefer if it was East to West. 

The main band will push through the Midlands but whether it's electrified is uncertain.

Can't seem to tell what it's doing at the moment, I'm thinking this? Looked like it was going North West but now it sort of looks like it's going South...

image.thumb.png.a09acc63dd371f765d71c79c8ab836fe.png

Edited by TJS1998Tom

5 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Thanks for the support about me getting yesterday correct it was good to see someone noticed haha 🙂

No problem. I'm going to stay up all night. I put a super long film on lol. 

1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

No problem. I'm going to stay up all night. I put a super long film on lol. 

Haha that's cool I'm looking at the radar closely to see if my prediction comes off 😀

Just now, jordan smith said:

Haha that's cool I'm looking at the radar closely to see if my prediction comes off 😀

Your prediction is going well so far. 

checking radar through the west midlands,. showers seem to be intensifying,. 

Wow, nearest strike is only 42 miles away! The other day it was well over 100 😁

20 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Honestly same :( , lets hope it nudges north a bit

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Wow, nearest strike is only 42 miles away! The other day it was well over 100 😁

Tonight may be the night and one of those strange rare events with a treat from the northeast. Everything seems to be intensifying. Seems to be going along with the recent pattern I.e around midnight onwards for elevated activity to take hold. 

All the showers and storms appear to be intensifying from the West Midlands to the east 

2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Tonight may be the night and one of those strange rare events with a treat from the northeast. Everything seems to be intensifying. Seems to be going along with the recent pattern I.e around midnight onwards for elevated activity to take hold. 

What are the chances for us? I'm not feeling it at the moment

1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

If anything within 30 miles or so occurs my Australian Shepherd storm detector will alert me - by sitting on my head 😐 Trouble is I sleep like a log, takes a serious amount of noise to register with me 😁

Not great, but not bad either.

2014912846_2018-05-29(5).thumb.png.61f0fd7d3d662e2fb985372ee606d749.png

the 3 stormateers marching westwards north Gloucester ~ some torrential looking dots in those!