SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taken by a pal Hunstanton 

glorious morning across Esher Common !! autumn is well and truly in full swing ..

With the official stats now out, here's the Met Office chart comparing Summer 2018 with other similar years. For much of our Region 2018 was the hottest, but with some variations such as Norfolk and K

Posted Images

litrally like a strobe that is madness.. look at the next 2 storms firing down on the coast they are even bigger! Could they possible turn into an MCS???

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

We have the same feelings...

06235C04-FEF8-461D-826B-D82FD348440C.jpeg

im pretty sure that storm is litrally turning due West North West now... look at all the strikes moving over to the western side, also the storm above it is moving west a lot more 

12 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Incredible amount of lightning from incoming storm , managed to get a pic of some sheet lightning and a pic of the moon and a star as the storm rolled in.

2215DAED-2F39-4651-99EF-B09DBB0EDC9B.jpeg

0471DDCB-1946-45C4-8A63-DA6311E270E8.jpeg

That is not a star, its the planet Jupiter. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is one of the worst, amazing storms I think I have ever seen. In Rye, hasn’t stopped lightening and thundering, there is also hail thrown in. It’s absolutely incredible 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

im pretty sure that storm is litrally turning due West North West now... look at all the strikes moving over to the western side, also the storm above it is moving west a lot more 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It needs an extreme turn to get here ? but we will wait and see.

hope you are  correct 

7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

That is not a star, its the planet Jupiter. :)

Thanks I was wondering actually if it could be one of the planets as it seemed so bright and prominent so I just threw the star comment in , Thanks again . :)

Edited by Mark wheeler
14 minutes ago, Bazza118 said:

It' like being at a 1970s disco. Almost strobe lightening. No rain hear though it' just to East and North of us

"It's like thunder, lightning..."  

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

This could be epic

its back building all the way back to the channel

Thunderstorm streamer !

8675A372-A67E-4358-A822-7206774D4B44.thumb.png.a93552c5006b419baecac982030031db.png

Needs to move east a bit. Can see all the ?ightning from here, constant flashing, seems to be of similar intensity to what we had in this corner may last year.