Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

15 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Watch out Norfolk! This storm is crazy! Best I’ve seen in years! Constant lightning, 50mph gusts and rainfall rates touching 200mm/hr!!

My friends are camping at snetterton night btcc weekend

Suddenly started raining harder than it ever had before. Don't have the equipment to record rates but there will be flash flooding in certain areas of Deal after that. Only lasted a minute but wow.

Sad that I didn't get a storm today although heard a few rumbles and got some rain, you win some and you lose some.

In the past hour the Met Office says that there is a 90% chance of rain for Thurrock.  I wonder where the expected rain has gone.  There was thunder earlier on but no lightning.

Couple of rumbles, lightening away to the west, bit of drizzle! Come on we need more than that! Still hot n humid.

Just on the western edge of all the activity. It’s like watching the snow in winter and just missing out. 

Edited by c00ps

Watching lightning maPs and the southeast seems to be missing out to be honest. We had a small storm that lasted about 5/10 minutes and then it was gone but in its wake it’s left really bad humidity.

Spectacular stuff to my north and west - mostly IC.  Rain easing but we've had a reasonable amount already and I think there's more heading this way.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

7 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

24mm of rain in 30 minutes. Drought is over 😀👍

we needed  it

Now we have rain :yahoo:

which lasted 3 minutes 🤨

Edited by Blazerblue
Stopped raining

Airmass composite from 8:30pm:

726385417_2018-07-27(2).thumb.png.118c319e4bb1956671b6de218f953bc2.png

I was supposed to post this in the convection thread 😄

Edited by Mapantz

Apart from 20 min this afternoon and 15 min this evening.... Surrey hills back to square one.... Hot sticky and no storms.....The snow dome repeated...

Its game over for anyone South & west / NW of kent - 

last dregs skimming the east of kent / Norfolk / suffolk -

Have fun :)

Ok, distant, very infrequent flashes in the channel now... it’s as if nature is making a feeble attempt to apologise for the lack of storms here in Hastings.

Bit of a light show out in the channel to the south east a pitted patter of rain. Seem to be dancing on the edge of the big stuff.

Nice thunderstorm just south of Norwich but not much rain, enough to wet the ground but still dry patches about. Moved away north now. Wonder if we'll get any more, if not we're stuffed on the drought and the dead grass will continue.

Glad some people have got the rain that is needed but nothing here, oh well, better luck next time for me. :(