Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Well morning folks, anyone complaining its not hot enough yet. 😊

Autumn is coming, I noticed for the first time today a great increase in the numbers of spider webs which you normally get from mid August onwards.

I can report its Sunny Dry and Warm in SW19. 23.8c. 

Oh wait....i ve been saying that since June 2nd!!

Zzzzzzz. Wake me up when we get some real weather.

Was really nice sitting outside at midnight last night. Felt as if I was in Spain. Even more so, enjoying the lovely views of Saturn and particularly our little red neighbour planet mars! Which is going to be the closest to us it’s been since 2003. Could really make out it’s orange appearance in the southern skies last night! 

Temperatures a little down on where they were this time yesterday, We were seeing 27C quite widely at 10am with Luton and Cambridge at 28C. Today it's closer to 24C with Norwich and Gravesend at 25C.

2 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Temperatures a little down on where they were this time yesterday, We were seeing 27C quite widely at 10am with Luton and Cambridge at 28C. Today it's closer to 24C with Norwich and Gravesend at 25C.

Slightly lower uppers today so maxes slightly less. However, I'd expect somewhere to still reach 90F if the cloud doesn't develop too much.

Then tomorrow, Thursday and possibly Friday will see higher temperstures again.

1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

Slightly lower uppers today so maxes slightly less. However, I'd expect somewhere to still reach 90F if the cloud doesn't develop too much.

Then tomorrow, Thursday and possibly Friday will see higher temperstures again.

Uppers on Friday look conductive of some very high temps in our part of the world before the cold front sweeps in. Looking forward to the possibility of storms as it does so, but that's still a little way off as yet.

2 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Well morning folks, anyone complaining its not hot enough yet. 😊

Autumn is coming, I noticed for the first time today a great increase in the numbers of spider webs which you normally get from mid August onwards.

I've all  Ready picked my blackberry's and made my jam..thought  that that was late summer past time 🙂

52 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Uppers on Friday look conductive of some very high temps in our part of the world before the cold front sweeps in. Looking forward to the possibility of storms as it does so, but that's still a little way off as yet.

But Beware...have you ever seen a weather patten the screams storms.. or snow.. or dodgy temps when the models say different.. Iran is on the the case.. dont really wanna go political.. but weather related it is... ps.. once you start there is lagor even unknown factors.. true or false..??? 

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201807111066269279-iran-israel-clouds/

Looking that cloud infill will be less of an issue today. So although the temps are lower now, they may rise more this afternoon when compared with yesterday.

The temperature is 26°C and the wind speed is 6 mph and is coming from a WSW direction.

You would think NW England was in a different Country Light Rain here this morning and Temperature stuck at the 17c Mark no complaints though as this part certainly needs a watering quite fascinating to see such temperature contrasts for a small island.

C.S

1 hour ago, TN9 said:

But Beware...have you ever seen a weather patten the screams storms.. or snow.. or dodgy temps when the models say different.. Iran is on the the case.. dont really wanna go political.. but weather related it is... ps.. once you start there is lagor even unknown factors.. true or false..??? 

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201807111066269279-iran-israel-clouds/

Very interesting that. Russians have been doing that for a while. Its amazing the stories like,that that get lost in the fog of Brexit.

2 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Was really nice sitting outside at midnight last night. Felt as if I was in Spain. Even more so, enjoying the lovely views of Saturn and particularly our little red neighbour planet mars! Which is going to be the closest to us it’s been since 2003. Could really make out it’s orange appearance in the southern skies last night! 

Agree, beautiful night skies at the moment! First, Venus, setting an hour after the sun, then Jupiter, then the Moon with Saturn very close, then Mars. Went camping in England the weekend before last and could see the Milky Way clearly, stunning.

Edited by stainesbloke

Just hit 29.9C here...

30c now being reported at a number of official weather stations across the region.

Showers appearing over Kent. Canterbury looks to be getting wet. Very dark sky on a local traffic cam.

Sporadic clouds darkening over central London too. Something beefy could pop up anywhere!

Hovering around 30c in E1

Shower or growing storm near Canterbury as said above!

shower.jpg

Lovely afternoon here with lots of sunshine and just a few bits of fair weather cloud. Not as humid today with a moderate west to south west breeze. 29C curently, it might make it to 30C by late afternoon.

It feels OK here in north kent. Cloudy and breezy. Not sure what the temp is. I can see some ominous looking clouds to my south east

It's just started to rain for 10 seconds🙄

Looks like it's going to chuck it down outside but unsure whether it will.

3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

It's just started to rain for 10 seconds🙄

I'd take 10 seconds right now!