Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

So, so lovely to be rained on at my allotment just now, that wet ground smell!! About 5 minutes of moderate to heavy rain, enough to make a few puddles.

Posted (edited)

Experienced the annual unpleasantness of flying ant swarms this afternoon in west London, they were getting in my hair, crawling on my face, trying to infest my car too, before I had to promptly shut the windows when the air con kicked in. Not nice, looks like players at Wimbledon were bothered by them too!

Edited by Nick F

Guaranteed it Will hose it down come the school hols.In the mean time all we can hope for for those that want the rain is maybe a few showers tomorrow.

Ooh, flying ants....doesn’t that mean thunderstorms?!

• Like 2

Wow just had 2 hours of torrential rain.   Must be amounst the only area in the whole of the UK to get rain today, and enough to cause drains to block!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nath said:

Wow just had 2 hours of torrential rain.   Must be amounst the only area in the whole of the UK to get rain today, and enough to cause drains to block!!

Seen that blob on radar just sitting over north london for ages. Looked quite intense too.

Nice to be able to talk about proper weather for a change.

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Ooh, flying ants....doesn’t that mean thunderstorms?!

They used to say that yes.They were a blinking nuisance this evening!!

Could be few rumbles about tommorow.And possibly Friday though Kent Sussex way more likely according to Met 10 day video. He also said there is a 'possiblity' of some really serious heat late next week. Personally,i can do without that!! 

• Like 1

We haven’t had any rain in South Ockendon but it’s feeling very humid tonight! 

At last a change in wind direction to southerly, it's been stuck in the north east for what seems forever holding back the temperature expect this to ratchet up several degrees now down the eastern side

A low of 14.8c overnight and up to almost 18c already, light/mod wind from the south.

Chance of storms in the south west of our region this afternoon perhaps? 

Lovely and warm with AC CAS yet again, has so far stayed dry here though, wonder if anything kicks off here later.

Ridiculously humid on my walk to work this morning. A thunder warning has been issued for most of the south east!

• Like 2

20.1 @ 9 a.m. - it's going to be a hot one!

• Like 1

Thunderstorm yellow warning in effect for the area... would love to see some rain later. It's bone dry...no rain in weeks.

• Like 5

Just over 3 weeks since we experienced anything falling from the skies and even that was unexpected (around about 1mm) - foreseeable looks dry.

Another no hoper. Watched all the cloud just melt here yesterday and i'm sure it will do the same today.

Going to be hot. oh goody and we've lost that strong breeze as well.

Already a stinky, stonky 23.4...Could be Beccles's hottest day of the year, so far...Please, deity of choice - let it rain! I'll be good. I promise!😇

2 hours ago, FlightlessWings said:

Ridiculously humid on my walk to work this morning. A thunder warning has been issued for most of the south east!

Can see a tower to my north, but the top seems to be shearing off.

2 hours ago, FlightlessWings said:

Yep here too, been humid since the Iberian low showed up, but even more so today.

HUMID.com!!!!  Winged ants appearing from under my planters, all sprayed with insect killer.......

Very warm here, looked like something thundery was building this morning but seems to be getting to a certain point then stalling/dissipating. 28C with a light NW’ly wind.

My word we could do with some rain, the grass around here has gone brown/yellow and the drains have become blocked, council has been out twice now to try and sort it out. A thunderstorm would be delightful but looks better the further South and East of the region rather down my way.

25.4C...Hot and muggy!

This rain that was forecast keeps getting pushed back. Not sure if it's going to appear at all!