Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

Never been since I was a bairn NL - and that wasny yesterday :rofl:

Not quite in the nice weather yet. Fairly cloudy although sun coming out at times (not as good as yesterday) breeze still noticeable but should all be gone by tomorrow

7 hours ago, mardatha said:

Never been since I was a bairn NL - and that wasny yesterday :rofl:

My wife really enjoys it. She is going with one daughter and the other is working on a stall.

Temp has hit 20C here now in the sunshine.

18 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Walked the coastal path from Arbroath to Broughty Ferry. First half of the walk was cool, with thicker cloud and a stiff sea breeze but it warmed up nicely after Carnoustie with the sunshine now stronger. 

Edited by Hawesy

1 hour ago, Norrance said:

My wife really enjoys it. She is going with one daughter and the other is working on a stall.

Aye, the sun is half out here and it suddenly feels warm:

20180623_163717.thumb.jpg.177fc20b53d0e554a7bebc1787432478.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift

The latest charts aren't as sensational as they were previously. Still a smashing week but it's relatively cooler later in the week compared to previous runs.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

21°C maxes sound lovely. Any more than that and shuggee gets grumpy.

Got up to 21.3C so 4 degrees warmer than max on Met o forecast. They are forecasting 22C tomorrow so will be interesting to see what we get. 

Nice comfortable day though not that sunny - good barbecue weather.  🍔

Cloudy start, some sunny intervals in the early afternoon then cloudy again from late afternoon onwards.

Dry again with a light WNW breeze and a maximum temperature of 20C.

I'll take this type of weather for the rest of the week, around here temperatures above 22C tend to bring out the worst in the drivers round here, if they weren't impatient enough  😒

Heading out for a walk in the Angus glens shortly.

Interesting to read about folks’ temperature preferences. For me, in summer, anything in the 20s is great. Teens just don’t cut it, I like a bit of warmth (unfortunate, given I live in Scotland 😁). Optimum would be the 25c-27c range! 30s are too hot and restrict outdoor pursuits unless you’re acclimatised. Warm evenings are my favourite, nothing like a cold beer in short sleeves with a setting sun! 

Absolutely perfect. Clear and blue with only the slightest breeze and not too hot (yet) Perfection is back

24 minutes ago, NUT said:

Absolutely perfect. Clear and blue with only the slightest breeze and not too hot (yet) Perfection is back

Those last 3 words, not often you can use them in Scotland?

4 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Those last 3 words, not often you can use them in Scotland?

Great weather for being bitten to death, by clegs, though?😱

This mornings ECM is looking great! Dry, sunny and very warm/hot all the way through 😎

The term “it’s fkin roastin init” will be said a lot this week 😄

High speed hay this afternoon.Dry brittle and very green just perfect.Once in 20 years weather for hay. Sunny warm and low humidity.Currently Meditteranean skies and 20c. All stacked in bundles of twenty ready to take in courtesy of some helpful non farming neighbours.

Edited by Northernlights

Just a bog standard across the road from the house photo:

20180624_170919.thumb.jpg.1598143ddbeb525ae5446119696f3d8b.jpg

The weather is anything but bog standard. The warmth isn't that unusual but the lack of cloud is welcome. It's 24C today and should be warmer tomorrow 😎😎😎

6 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Great weather for being bitten to death, by clegs, though?😱

It's flies which are the huge nuisance here, persistent black flies which try to crawl in your eyes, ears, nose and mouth. I can't remember being bothered with clegs much and I'm out and about quite a bit with Clyde. 

1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

High speed hay this afternoon.Dry brittle and very green just perfect.Once in 20 years weather for hay. Sunny warm and low humidity.Currently Meditteranean skies and 20c. All stacked in bundles of twenty ready to take in courtesy of some helpful non farming neighbours.

Still turning hay hopefully bale  more tomorrow. Just dropped off some cans for the neighbours so they are smiling too

IMG-20180624-WA0023.jpeg

Me in the garden with new chair bliss could get used to this

Edited by NUT

Blue skies, enough wind to keep the flies away, temperature of 21C max.  Cannot ask for much better really weather wise. 

Just need some proper hayfever tablets as the ones at the moment cannot cope with whatever pollen is out there just now 🤧

31 minutes ago, Quinach said:

Blue skies, enough wind to keep the flies away, temperature of 21C max.  Cannot ask for much better really weather wise. 

Just need some proper hayfever tablets as the ones at the moment cannot cope with whatever pollen is out there just now 🤧

What do you use? I've been surprised at how effective Sainsbury's One a Day tablets have been.

12 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Heading out for a walk in the Angus glens shortly.

Interesting to read about folks’ temperature preferences. For me, in summer, anything in the 20s is great. Teens just don’t cut it, I like a bit of warmth (unfortunate, given I live in Scotland 😁). Optimum would be the 25c-27c range! 30s are too hot and restrict outdoor pursuits unless you’re acclimatised. Warm evenings are my favourite, nothing like a cold beer in short sleeves with a setting sun! 

Lower 20s for me with cooler nights. We hit 23.9C as a max today which was about spot on. Still over 22C now. Hot again tomorrow but looks like more of an Easterly for Tuesday bringing a bit of cloud and lower temperatures at least temporarily. 

Had a lovely day oot, went to St Abbs. Not unbearable as slight breeze from the sea. Not too busy at all, very calm and peaceful. Happyhappy.