Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

Looks like the heat will start to arrive by as early as Sunday ☀️ I would imagine with these temps day on day homegrown storms will be popping off at some point next week too. click the first pic for GIF of temps tempresult_aqo5.gif

tempresult_iws2.gif

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather

Wet to start with, but that was not a bad thing as the plants desperately need the water (indeed, rain the last few days has already made things start to look greener).

Drier interlude in the afternoon before some lengthy showers of rain in the early evening.

Light winds throughout and cool, max of 13C.

All the media outlets are getting excited about the upcoming heatwave, what could possibly go wrong now  😯

1 hour ago, Quinach said:

what could possibly go wrong now  

Haar ? 😧

Bit toasty from next midweek!!

98A9A2EF-3E09-46EB-9327-5A2BC8475A57.thumb.png.4e83cf69bd4984f04f16bd09693a7f35.pngEE91C925-B9A3-47C0-A226-C575A864351E.thumb.gif.09eeb68cf5c75535ece60d45d985c399.gif

Couldn't see the Cairngorms for mist this morn but there's a dusting of snow, same for the top of Ben Wyvis, visible whenever the cloud clears. Not overly rare though my father informs me that the snow was a good way down the local Munro's on the longest day in 1996

Looking forward to next week's forecast sun and heat, two hoodies on today working on a hillside and a real unwelcome wind yet again, spits of rain, autumnal vibes, delighted summer is returning soon ☀️

I had to laugh at some of the posts in the model thread. A few people are not happy because it might not get over 30c next week instead it will ONLY be mid to high twenties. I don’t understand why people want such oppressive heat. Once it hits 16c then it’s taps aff in my opinion! 😎

Well it was a great wet day yesterday but the sun and  strong wind this afternoon are removing the water as fast as it fell yesterday. so while it has done a lot of good the benefit is not going to last long. The main good point is that the 20% of turnip seed that had not germinated since being sown a month ago is now bursting into life. Currently windy sunny and 13c

A nice day despite the breeze that will disappear by Saturday then looks set in nice for quite a while and just about no rain on the horizon could be superb 

Cloudy start to the morning with light showers of rain blowing through quickly on a brisk NW breeze.

Dried up by lunchtime with the cloud disappearing as the day went on but the wind really picked up in the afternoon, very gusty and damaging (more leaves stripped from the surrounding trees).

Clear skies now but still a brisk wind making things feel cool out there, max temp during day of 16C. 

Stunning evening, if a little chilly.

Still bright here

IMG_20180621_230610.thumb.jpg.8d1eefedeec8c1aa6e24980f36adfd4e.jpg

IMG_20180621_231926.thumb.jpg.2f5fa6b08feabc62b80c72e02c7cf68a.jpg

Beautiful morning. Breezy but so sunny. 

Cloudy and feeling cool in St Andrews in the breeze, 15c.

Looking forward to a sunny weekend, outlook continues to be very promising! 😁

A cloudy and breezy start but clouds cleared and winds just about disappeared superb afternoon and we just getting started too

2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Cloudy and feeling cool in St Andrews in the breeze, 15c.

Looking forward to a sunny weekend, outlook continues to be very promising! 😁

The cloud pretty much broke up here by lunchtime. Temp 17.9C which feels pleasant enough in the sunshine. Still a fresh breeze from the NW.

Are we going to get above 20C next week? Apps seem programmed to a old ever going that high - I've lost count of the number of times they only update once the temp is already past 20C!

1 hour ago, Norrance said:

The cloud pretty much broke up here by lunchtime. Temp 17.9C which feels pleasant enough in the sunshine. Still a fresh breeze from the NW.

Sun is out here now too and temperature is up to 19c 🙂

Thursday could be an interesting day, 30C forecast by the GFS in the north of Scotland, possible Fohn effect from the mountains? Add on a couple of degrees for the GFS always underestimating temps and we're not far away from an all time Scottish record.

22Jun12zGFS30.thumb.jpg.74a90663bbed5e878f969c976dfbea1a.jpg

The charts are epic for the next ten days, this is the summer equivalent of the winter charts we've not long seen the back of. I know not everyone got lucky in winter but it's hard getting it right for all of us. Even the current charts look a bit iffy at times for some of us, a good case is the one I've posted here which shows it a lot cooler along the east coast.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Sun is out here now too and temperature is up to 19c 🙂

We got up to 19.7C but it has clouded over again and now back to 17.9C. I a, hoping that the sun manages to break through again tomorrow. If not I have always got the football as my wife is off to the Highland Show.

Wish I was going to the Highland Show..

Here's a flavour for you M

IMG_20140621_132251.jpg

😎

The charts for the coming week are a thing of beauty with similar story being seen in all of the big models (ECM below as example).

Could be 25C+ round here by Thursday which will be the first time in quite a while.

Back to the present and it was another cloudy day to start with slowly brightening up to some evening sunshine.  Max temp of 16C, dry and light winds.

4E7A0D42-CE4B-4C27-BE25-8629AE79F221.thumb.GIF.d445b36ca747c147fb682bcfb0a2bcd6.GIF

10 hours ago, mardatha said:

Wish I was going to the Highland Show..

We are not going this year either.Instead staying at home scarifying neeps and making hay. Will do all the local shows later in the summer. Just think of all the money you are saving!!!! Currently big drops of rain and 11c

Edited by Northernlights