Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 16/03/2018 Onwards

Wee video of the snaw - and below that on Twitter a rather short and sweary synoptic outlook..

• Like 5

I don't know how far my dad's is below sea level guess right on it but we got very heavy sleet here say go 2 or so miles up the road asda/tesco it's pretty heavy snow

• Like 2

. . . And here is the latest weather from our intrepid outside reporter . . .

01.jpg

14 minutes ago, NUT said:

I don't know how far my dad's is below sea level guess right on it but we got very heavy sleet here say go 2 or so miles up the road asda/tesco it's pretty heavy snow

I'm off to Westfield again tonight, which could be amusing then.

Settling readily in the City Center now. Could be an interesting journey home. Pelting it down :D

• Like 4

A proper 'late in the game' miss from the Met Office this one!

• Like 4

Radar suggest last hurrah as it seems to be getting lighter.

• Like 2

Could this be the last '3 cheers' for @Hawesy's wet baws? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 101_North said:

A proper 'late in the game' miss from the Met Office this one!

Yes.   Was quite surprised when a got up at 7.30am.   Can honestly say that it hasn't stopped all day but luckily of the sleety variety as there hasn't been much in the way of accumulation.

DSCN0685.JPG

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Could this be the last '3 cheers' for @Hawesy's wet baws? 

@HawesyCan keep them!   I am seriously in need of some heat and sun now.  

We are fast approaching halfway through spring and it definitely hasn't sprung yet!   The last 'year without a spring apparently was 1976 which led to a fabulously hot summer.   I would happily forfeit spring if I was guaranteed one of those!

Farmers must be really struggling with this.

• Like 6

Light dusting of snow in Inverness this morning but melting very quickly.

Surrounding hills are very white and picturesque, especially when the sun comes out between the snow showers that have been the general theme of the day.

Really does feel more like the end of February than the start of April.

Some snaps of Ben Wyvis and surrounding hills from the A835 just outside Maryburgh.

Snag_a1e5899.thumb.png.56d3317e38784ede74b807d976ca213e.pngSnag_a1e3821.thumb.png.7c841463067c57845566c5aa52ddd6c3.pngSnag_a1e1631.thumb.png.5a4375a1b10bd4072fbfb5945d797ae6.png

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Just home after a fairly ropey bus journey! Easily up there with the heaviest falls we've had all winter! By my reckoning the 2nd heaviest fall by depth! Just shy of 4 inches and still falling!

IMG_20180404_164855-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.1a57e256d00981b0b798c4b5f1c6de74.jpg

IMG_20180404_164558-1392x1856.jpgIMG_20180404_164901-1856x1392.thumb.jpg.d92a1396295515657d2474b77e00b03b.jpg

Currie / Balerno right back where they belong this winter ! And snowman time surely...

Edited by LeithRayOfSunshine
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, LeithRayOfSunshine said:

Currie / Balerno right back where they belong this winter ! And snowman time surely...

It's on it's way! Even if I have build it myself. Kids have seen so much snow this year they can't be arsed LOL

• Like 1

Very snowy for mid Spring ! 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

WED.thumb.jpg.787b58b80f56d9d22659963ea635bbe2.jpgStill piling down here, and the elect keeps going off. Husband ready to emigrate. The A7 still has the odd car going by but very slowly, I think the moor must be dodgy in that wind.

Edited by mardatha
ADD PICS
  • Like 5

Getting heavier here again! Unreal stuff :D

• Like 3

Cracking snowfall there- Nearly 5 inches out there!

Enjoy guys - ECM had -9c over the SE at day 10!!

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

@HawesyCan keep them!   I am seriously in need of some heat and sun now.  

We are fast approaching halfway through spring and it definitely hasn't sprung yet!   The last 'year without a spring apparently was 1976 which led to a fabulously hot summer.   I would happily forfeit spring if I was guaranteed one of those!

Farmers must be really struggling with this.

I think that it was 1975 that had no Spring. Snowy Easter and the famous early June snow then a good Summer followed.  I was working in Speyside in early April with 45cms snow lying and later skied the Coire Cas at Cairngorm on the late May bank holiday. Spring 1976 was sunny and dry with May being mild. 

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Surely enough by now?  It was -0.5C in the car and sat in the traffic for an hour by IKEA was erm, well fine.  Watching guys digging out cars in front on the inclines.  Four snow ploughs, with drivers' faces either glee at the late play in the snow or resignation (that was the guy in the one in traffic at Penicuik). Just over two and a half hours for a journey that is do-able in normal rush hour at 1hr10.

Cats specatularly unhappy.  Fifteen birds round the feeder, pet pheasant and his missus (Edward and Tubbs) looking miserable under the Scots Pines.  It's all wrong!

:cold::shok:

• Like 3

Pic from the highlands - 2ft over night

AFA18BAF-957E-41A2-A9EB-7AF8C9657505.thumb.png.8113ac359cc1abc81a1d7da3c7c1beb6.png

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Paused briefly on the way hame tae take a picture and make a wee video. A68 fala aboot 3 pm.

It was mainly wet and slushy this side of Soutra apart from above 250m or so, but that's all changed in the last hour.

Absolute white out with huge fat flakes and accumulating quickly now at fort SS.

IMG-20180404-WA0002.jpeg

VID-20180404-WA0005.mp4

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 6

Starting to ease off now! Ended up with 11cm. Incredible for 4th April :D

Leaving work early was a good call - had great fun with the kids for (surely) the last time! They wanted to make a snow 'Shrek' as they watched the movie earlier in the day :D

IMG_20180404_183301-1392x1856.thumb.jpg.c3039e9782a3893e0a1c53e5d61beb23.jpg

• Like 9