Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Looking for March warmth and *possible* storms abroad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Edit: I’ve already penned this elsewhere but figured it could do with its own thread:

Anyone got any recommendations of where I could go next week (22nd > 25th) for some warmer weather and potential spring thunderstorms?

i have a small(ish) budget - so was thinking Italy / Malta / Portugal or maybe even Greece.

have some work to do while out there, so this is sort of a ‘laptop break’ but some thunderstorms here and there would be a perfect distraction :-D

Any advice welcome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot

Catatumbo lake in Venezuela might be a good bet... in serious, I tried looking for a long range forecast for all europe after the original post but gave up knowing where to look.  If it were summer my leanings would be towards italy personally but it's not the case.  I believe though north italy has the most  lightning overall in Europe

Edited by Another Kent clipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
59 minutes ago, Another Kent clipper said:

Catatumbo lake in Venezuela might be a good bet... in serious, I tried looking for a long range forecast for all europe after the original post but gave up knowing where to look.  If it were summer my leanings would be towards italy personally but it's not the case.  I believe though north italy has the most  lightning overall in Europe

LOL I love looking up Catatumbo / Maracaibo on the weather apps - literally one long thunderstorm there !

But I was looking at Italy and yeah Tuscany seems to hold a little promise but it’s seemingly gonna get quite chilly by the end of the month (9° ?)

Might stick with Palma, or Faro in Portugal. It’s gonna rain a bit and it’s more expensive for the Airbnbs i’ve found - but I figure with a nice view of the sea, some good food and a little regional wine don’t think it’ll matter if there is lightning or not

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1