South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

Cells sparking in to life across Northern France now, watching blitztung with interest, good to be chasing storms so early in the season what an amazing couple of months we are having. :D

• Like 2

A bit of undulation 30mins ago has given way to moderate rain here now.

P4211218_sm.thumb.jpg.e6d5fa38005bea013ae6f16e438a1bcf.jpgP4211224_sm.thumb.jpg.92798324052669bc43012176d6e7951f.jpg

Today's gardening effort has come to a halt, but at least the spuds and onions that went in earlier are getting a bit of a watering.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, lettice said:

Still very grey here and only 15.8c.
A big disappointment really after the forecasts of sunshine this weekend.

Amazing what around 15-20 miles does. 21c here and after cloud filling in from around 11am this morning, there's been intermittent brightness here since then, with a high of 23.2c

Massive improvement since 13.45 with predominantly warm sunshine since. If only it could've started a bit earlier.

Some decent echoes look to have appeared around the channel.

• Like 1

The law of Sod is alive and well,treated 5 lawns,4 were going to be watered by the customers,last one elderly lady,so I got the hosepipe out,slowly watered a big lawn.She thanked me for my help,i went to have a coffee in the recreation ground and 20 mins later the heavens opened and my help rendered pointless lol

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Massive improvement since 13.45 with predominantly warm sunshine since. If only it could've started a bit earlier.

Some decent echoes look to have appeared around the channel.

pretty much the same here...lovely sunny afternoon now with scattered Ac Cas.....still in the game for later on!

• Like 2

Just touched 20°C a moment ago. 
20.4°C, 26.7°C, 24.6°C and 20°C .. not bad for April. It felt strange in the garden the other day. I felt I was in June, but seeing no pond lily's and only blossom on some trees, you suddenly remember it is only April.

Few new strikes in Devon and the French import is growing ever closer to making a Devon direct hit by the looks of it, at the moment another cell heading towards Isle of White and another breaking out in the Tours area of France. 

Edited by Zephyr

Counted 18 strikes of lightning in 10 seconds from the one that looks to be on collision course with the Bristol & Bath areas. :) Almost as excited as I was with the snow!