Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
15 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m having serious BBQ withdrawals, carried away is exactly what I intend to do! Its like spring proper out there today!

I was in a great mood Until I walked into the office this morning to find a pipe has burst and now there’s an inch of water everywhere, only had carpets laid 3 months ago, some equipment and interior damage ? :wallbash: 

happy bloody Monday ?

I spent 5 hours on Saturday having fun with a blocked pipe on our Septic Tank. So don't worry. There's always someone worse off.

Posted
1 hour ago, warmintim said:

Steady - lets not get carried away! My father refers to 'Warminster Dress', which is wearing shorts, usually with jumpers and hats, at all times of the year. I nearly reached for the shorts yesterday!

Lol so did I, by 2pm I wished I had!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Car roof temperature is 19 degrees c ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, Leon1 said:

Car roof temperature is 19 degrees c ?

My station showed 19°C yesterday. Ok so it was inside at the time as I was sorting out a problem with it. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
7 hours ago, jy said:

Reports suggest Red Kites only found in the Chilterns in Southern England,so a day out to see these birds is in order.

Saw my first one ever a couple of weeks ago when going down to Poole (just past Spetisbury) hubby nearly had a heart attack at my excited squeal. Apparently they are also nesting in Cheddar Gorge and are quite often seen flying on the Mendips, haven't been lucky enough to see one yet. So nice to see them make a come back.

Posted
17 minutes ago, jethro said:

Saw my first one ever a couple of weeks ago when going down to Poole (just past Spetisbury) hubby nearly had a heart attack at my excited squeal. Apparently they are also nesting in Cheddar Gorge and are quite often seen flying on the Mendips, haven't been lucky enough to see one yet. So nice to see them make a come back.

Plenty in Wales

DSC_0260.JPG

Posted
5 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

Plenty in Wales

DSC_0260.JPG

Lucky you. Commonest raptor around here are Buzzards, of which there are thousands, sat outside yesterday and a pair flew down the garden about 15ft off the ground then peeled away and parted, one going left, the other right, it was like a feathered Red Arrows display. Not so keen on them when they were killing next doors doves, not because I was overly fond of the doves, nor soft enough to not know they're a predator but I just wished they killed them before eating the breast off them, had to put quite a few out of their misery that I found still alive in my garden.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

If you are into the birds this is a visitor to the garden during the snow

IMG_0933[851].PNG

Sparrowhawk? Or Kestrel?

Edited by jethro

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

Sparrowhawk?

yes, was bored happily taking pictures of Fieldfares and everything else when this happened. Thrush was there one second. got the before picture to go with the after one above

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks jtay,just as I and Abdul my trusty guide were going to be roped together going up the north face of the Chilterns,theres some on my doorstep,are they anywhere near Josefs dodgy burger bar,if so I could meet them for lunch lol

Posted

Jeepers it was a belter of a morning, really warm out in the garden where a very light cooling breeze was welcomed. This afternoon we have cooled rapidly from the peak of 15.C as the high cloud rolls in ahead of tonight's rainfall..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
35 minutes ago, jy said:

Thanks jtay,just as I and Abdul my trusty guide were going to be roped together going up the north face of the Chilterns,theres some on my doorstep,are they anywhere near Josefs dodgy burger bar,if so I could meet them for lunch lol

They seem to have taken a liking to the fish farm, between Downton and Charlton; but there's no guarantee you'll see them.

Will keep you posted.

Posted

Heavy snow for SW England going by the latest EURO4

18032812_2_2612.gif

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Heavy snow for SW England going by the latest EURO4

18032812_2_2612.gif

John Hammond on the local BBC news just said 'chance of the odd snowflake' for Wednesday. Personally, I hope he's nearer the mark than EURO 4.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
58 minutes ago, jethro said:

John Hammond on the local BBC news just said 'chance of the odd snowflake' for Wednesday. Personally, I hope he's nearer the mark than EURO 4.

Met Office just going for lots of sleet for me.

Posted

785C0F6D-0BFB-464A-AC7F-06D734D68B4B.pngWoooah! Hirlam from the MAD thread: Snow Snow Snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh god no! No no no no just no. :ninja:

YES?!  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted

Not gonna lie, but I do feel like it's only upgrading from here lol! Use this against me tomorrow evening!

Edited by Leon1
cause i can (typo)

Posted
5 minutes ago, khodds said:

Oh god no! No no no no just no. :ninja:

YES?!  :yahoo:

Khodds-giphy.gif

Lol. 

It's been a lovely sunny day today.

No snow, no no no. :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Met saying just sleet Wed afternoon! (for me)

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only shows rain for here. :nonono:

Posted

This is now beyond a joke even by BBC standards...on here colder.....mad thread.....its getting colder.....Fifi La Phlange on South Today at 6 50 tonight.....wet and mild

Posted
Just now, jy said:

This is now beyond a joke even by BBC standards...on here colder.....mad thread.....its getting colder.....Fifi La Phlange on South Today at 6 50 tonight.....wet and mild

Say no more...

Will be interesting to see if they change their tune if things stay as they are into tomorrow as they should be more detailed about Wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I don't care as long as it's nice and warm last week of May, booked a trip to Weymouth! lol