Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

another couple of cm's dropped so far this evening, looking at the radar, snow develops west of London so maybe a few more hours of it yet to come.....might squeeze another 2 or 3 cm by morning

• Like 1
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Ello Ello!! Where the devil are ya?

Hellooo! Fulflood Stormforce~beka. and you? Went for a nice walk after watching the radar just after 7pm and it was great to see a top up covering only take 10 minutes or so once things got going again! Going to be carnage in the morning I think and hear that some places such as Battery Hill are already seeing problems with one or two abandoned vehicles! 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Who was stressing about winchester - looks in the peach spot ATM !

Yours truely! I've not looked out as I was dealing with kids.Looked out not long ago though and was snizzle then :-)

2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

another couple of cm's dropped so far this evening, looking at the radar, snow develops west of London so maybe a few more hours of it yet to come.....might squeeze another 2 or 3 cm by morning

That would be a result I’d say :santa-emoji:

1 hour ago, EllyTech said:

Beka always stresses about Winchester. :crazy: She's increased the Market share in winter attire - and stripped the shops of bread. :spiteful:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oi Oi! I've done neither this time ;-) I didn't believe it til I saw it. Literally ...!

18z HIRLAM generates some more snow to the east of the region (though not very heavy) which keeps the snow going by moving westwards while the low pressure pivots. It doesn't clear here till early tomorrow afternoon...

May be a step too far but it has proved me wrong a few times already.

Edited by Quicksilver1989
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well what a fab day.  Heavy snow from 6ish, first sledging by nine, second sledging by 1pm. Nice roastie followed by a couple of pints and to finish off it's started snowing again.  It's just a shame it only happens every 9 or 10 years, by my reckoning I've only got another couple of shots at this before I'm too decrepit!!

• Like 5