Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

43 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

So heavy overnight snow and into this morning giving us several inches, then Saints reach the FA Cup semi-finals, followed by more snow in the evening? Yes please!

If Carlsberg did Sundays...

Snow, snow, more snow, Cedric and Hojbjerg scoring...what a day!

• Like 2
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's 'eyes down' for the full house......Tonight's bingo card!  

BINGO!    Full House.....  ;-)   Oh my goodness, my giddy aunt What is this, spring with a new slant? I said I didn't want you, go away snow But I'm here again, eyes all aglow

To help pass the time, lets play a game....Netweather South West Thread Bingo.....no prizes for the winner apart from the accolade of being a bit of a smarty pants

Posted Images

Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

So definitely snow gonna be covering our roads? I hate taking snow pics with black tarmac ruining the scene!! Needs to be all white.

Photoshop :D

Some of the snow has melted from the grass but most of it’s still there from earlier. Nothing left on harder surfaces at the moment but hopefully it won’t be like that for long. High of 1.0°C earlier and now down to 0.2°C. 

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Building!!! Look at that following up the Thames estuary  :shok:

2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Dejavu with last night! Watching the radar and waiting ... will it intensify, will it break-up... just an hour or two to go here in Portsmouth...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Man With Beard said:

Dejavu with last night! Watching the radar and waiting ... will it intensify, will it break-up... just an hour or two to go here in Portsmouth...

I really hope so(intensify), I can’t be arsed to get up for boot camp at 5:30am ??‍♂️

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

earlier thaw from overnight snow stopped, whopping great icicles everywhere....roads have dried out through sublimation so any snowfall tonight will settle readily....I'm on the northern extent of tonights developing snow (a few miles south of the M4) but as last night showed, expect the unexpected, and who knows what tonight might bring, even up here......good luck everyone, may your snowfall be long and bountiful! :)

• Like 7
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

earlier thaw from overnight snow stopped, whopping great icicles everywhere....roads have dried out through sublimation so any snowfall tonight will settle readily....I'm on the northern extent of tonights developing snow (a few miles south of the M4) but as last night showed, expect the unexpected, and who knows what tonight might bring, even up here......good luck everyone, may your snowfall be long and bountiful! :)

Not going to happen for me, absolutely no chance :ninja:

image.thumb.png.1844d9519e9eacca6215cc2318ca7f44.png

Interesting radar and it looks as though this could be quite an interesting evening!

On the pic I've put arrows on the snow bands to the SW to show the general direction of movement.

These are persistent rivers of moisture that are dumping lots of snow under them.

We now have this band marching from the east, quite an intense band which raises some questions.

Will this incoming band pivot in the same manner and get stuck?

How much more intense willl the band of snow get? will it intensify further?

Will snow continue building to the east of it?

If the answer to all three is yes, things could get snowy over a wider area!

• Like 3

Building and intensifying for sure. Southern most parts of our region will get hammered i reck as early as 7.30/8 this eve. I suspect flurries will start to appear, even here, in next couple of hours. 

Just wanted to say.....it's bloody freezing outside! Went out to feed the stray cat (who's toasty inside his shelter) and that wind is bitter, feels like stepping back into a 19th century January. Completely bonkers for the second half of March in a climate changed world.

The snow building in the SE, is it going to pivot as it looks to be heading too far north at the mo.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Radar looking good, more heading out of NE France and Belgium as well.

also reports of snow settling on all surfaces in Brighton ? :santa-emoji:

I’m now below freezing again after a high of 1C 

Fascinating watching the satellite.  When the intensifying band approaching from the east collides with the trailing arm of PPN from Cherbourg. Whats gonna happen then?

• Like 2

12z EURO4 shows the possibilities of widespread light snow over much of southern England later this evening into the night;

18031900_1812.thumb.gif.05075fd43d6ff1d1e6dafb7b628f3e38.gif

Some places might be lucky enough to get another 1cm - 3cm of additional snow on top of what places have received today.

11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Indeed this could end up being very interesting, that's spawned from something very small and is now turning into a monster

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

The snow building in the SE, is it going to pivot as it looks to be heading too far north at the mo.

So long as it pivots in North Gloucestershire! That’ll do nicely... 

Always considered myself in the South West in Glos, but lived in Somerset for nearly 10 years. Glos border line! Def not Midlands though... 

• Like 1

Do we go to work tomorrow and carry on with stone walling or stay in bed

7 minutes ago, AWD said:

12z EURO4 shows the possibilities of widespread light snow over much of southern England later this evening into the night;

18031900_1812.thumb.gif.05075fd43d6ff1d1e6dafb7b628f3e38.gif

Some places might be lucky enough to get another 1cm - 3cm of additional snow on top of what places have received today.

Just mentioned this in the se thread but the band over the se is moving west and then sw and is likely to catch upto the precip towards the sw which is slow moving .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 7
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Just mentioned this in the se thread but the band over the se is moving west and then sw and is likely to catch upto the precip towards the sw.

Say roughly, ...... somewhere around Purbeck..... roughly ? I can but dream 

mind you I did bloody well overnight into this morning.

Edited by karlos1983