Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

Nothing here. Falling or settled. Just hit 0c and DP -7.0. :shok:

• Like 1

What is latest snow update for Bristol area tonight/tom guys?

Are we on the edge or is it really a Devon/Cornwall affair?

Just now, Bristle boy said:

From what I've see  it looks like a downgrade. The amber warning on the MetO warning map has shrunk markedly and faded to yellow. Don't know how much to trust that, but on their video thing, it shows the big snow only for the far SW and the Bristol area isn't anywhere near the yellow warning area. Looking proper pants now. 😢😢 

If someone can give me some hope, I would be grateful. 😩😩

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

HIRLAM and BBC graphics showed us well in the zone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, noggin said:

From what I've see  it looks like a downgrade. The amber warning on the MetO warning map has shrunk markedly and faded to yellow. Don't know how much to trust that, but on their video thing, it shows the big snow only for the far SW and the Bristol area isn't anywhere near the yellow warning area. Looking proper pants now. 😢😢 

I have faith in my Hirlam model haha!

hirlamuk-1-18-0.png?17-16

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, noggin said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

HIRLAM and BBC graphics showed us well in the zone.

I must be looking in the wrong place then. 😕😕 Happy to be proved wrong though. Mind you, I'm not much good at this sort of thing........I'll just sit quietly on the sidelines for a bit. 😰😰😰

1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Up to 10cm. Not sure why Bristol is not yet in the Amber warning area. BBC show heavy snow all over Bristol for most of the night

• Like 2

Hi everyone

Have a look at the met office  video forecast on their website looks decent for our area.:hi:

4 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Up to 10cm. Not sure why Bristol is not yet in the Amber warning area. BBC show heavy snow all over Bristol for most of the night

I will eat my dirty pants if Bristol gets anything near 10cm of snow mate.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Richard Fisher said:

Yes i doubt they see a point in moving the zones 20 miles north, south, east or west from run to run. Whole region is under a yellow zone with amber not far from Bristol.

Might update later in night I suppose once event starts but i wouldn't get the Bbq out just yet if your just outside of amber zone. :good:

Current conditions at home:

Screenshot_2018-03-17-18-32-54.thumb.png.56ac641eef488edafbc89a3bbedfc494.png

• Haha 1

Met office radar looks to be pepping up the ppn as it's heading west towards the region, that first little wave could well hit some Bristol/glos area:) 

IMG_3469.thumb.PNG.fee46896c2bcff7f5d7fe9938dfbac68.PNG

2 minutes ago, chris55 said:

Met office radar looks to be pepping up the ppn as it's heading west towards the region, that first little wave could well hit some Bristol/glos area:) 

IMG_3469.thumb.PNG.fee46896c2bcff7f5d7fe9938dfbac68.PNG

It looks very light snow, in comparison with the bright echos to the North and South of us.

am i first to have successful lampost watching this evening? i can see snow (light but big flakes!)

• Like 1

wish my lampost didn't turn off in the middle of the night :(

• Sad 1

Just now, tomjwlx said:

wish my lampost didn't turn off in the middle of the night :(

i sometimes use a torch

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I have assumed my position, and have perfect view of the street light from my sofa in the lounge. Bar tender (the boy) on hand to fetch drinks upon request. 

Currently snowing!

Happy as a pig in 💩

I'm watching Wales against France, keeping an eye on Aston villa losing! Curtain open incase snow starts and thinking about a Cardiff city win tomorrow lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, noggin said:

Really, not sure what site your looking at but just checked the met office weather warnings and the amber zone has expanded and extended all the way down to the tip up Cornwall. 

Screenshot_20180317-184616.png

Edited by Smartie
  • Like 1