Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

We even have some hazy sunshine here this afternoon, not doing much for the temperature, but just nice to see it again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Lyn-M said:

We even have some hazy sunshine here this afternoon, not doing much for the temperature, but just nice to see it again.

Yep. The sun has poked it's nose out here now. Temp up to 11.4°C which is almost 2 degrees higher than yesterday. 

Posted

Dry here today, though cloudy and chilly.

Took a look at xcweather and the frost is on again for my location tonight! Thats the GFS if I'm not mistaken.

Posted
3 hours ago, matt111 said:

Dry all day so far and looks like it might well stay that way. Very cold wind though. :cold:

Crikey! How did you manage that, I thought you'd walk 10 yds east and get wet, you were so close to it at times..

Driving home from Bomo tonight, it was becoming noticeably brighter as I approached Poole, but then again after a long day it does that anyway I think :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Crikey! How did you manage that, I thought you'd walk 10 yds east and get wet, you were so close to it at times..

Driving home from Bomo tonight, it was becoming noticeably brighter as I approached Poole, but then again after a long day it does that anyway I think :yahoo:

Somehow it stayed out just to the easy all day.

Looking back on the radar it looks like the whole region more or less stayed dry all day while the SE region had rain all day.  :spiteful: :rofl:

Edited by matt111

Posted

I lovely end to the day here. Managed 12.4°C and some hazy sunshine.

New weather station on it's way soon - replacing the Netatmo.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I lovely end to the day here. Managed 12.4°C and some hazy sunshine.

New weather station on it's way soon - replacing the Netatmo.

And what is it going to be this time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

And just in time to finish off the day the sun comes out and a sudden rise in temperature with it, up to 11.7°C. Will feel nice again once we lose the cold breeze. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

And what is it going to be this time?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations/x/18648929#/comments

I've been a 'backer' for some time, but I had an email today regarding shipping, so it shouldn't be too long now. Already have a template waiting to show it's data, including the lightning.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

The sun is shining after a rather cloudy morning and early afternoon. Pleasant..

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/weatherflow-smart-weather-stations/x/18648929#/comments

I've been a 'backer' for some time, but I had an email today regarding shipping, so it shouldn't be too long now. Already have a template waiting to show it's data, including the lightning.

Snap so have I, just waiting for it to arrive, waiting for the shock of the HMRC....

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

The sun is shining after a rather cloudy morning and early afternoon. Peasant..

Hey, who calling Peasant?:hi:

Posted
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

And just in time to finish off the day the sun comes out and a sudden rise in temperature with it, up to 11.7°C. Will feel nice again once we lose the cold breeze. 

Yes, same here. How nice of it. And those clear skies mean one thing tonight; dead seedlings.

Posted

Got the chilli's just waiting to go outside and get some sun no way am I trusting them outside just yet :D

kP84FU1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Got the chilli's just waiting to go outside and get some sun no way am I trusting them outside just yet :D

kP84FU1.jpg

I've simply no more room indoors for anything. Most of the tenders are littering my windows but a lot are in the cold greenhouse.... 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, EllyTech said:

I've simply no more room indoors for anything. Most of the tenders are littering my windows but a lot are in the cold greenhouse.... 

Same with me, have a window full of chillies and another full of tomato plants, it's getting worrying on crop as its getting later and later now

Posted

For non-gardeners wondering why growers are overloaded with seedlings... its this:

To make space, we have to plant out things that get planted out first .. Brassicas etc. Before they get planted out, they first get hardened off - to get the seedlings used to strong sunlight, wind and flux in temps. Fat chance for me at the moment. So, the Brassicas are still in the greenhouse (they will do fine) the Tomatoes and Peppers in the main are indoors grabbing every available space. The squashes, Sunflowers Celery and anything else... in the greenhouse. They might not make it. Not to mention the blossoming Apples. So much lovely blossom - that might not make it. So, few Apples.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
22 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Hey, who calling Peasant?:hi:

PLEASANT. 

Oops!

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Snap so have I, just waiting for it to arrive, waiting for the shock of the HMRC....

There shouldn't be any need for charges. For those waiting to receive one in Europe, it will be shipped from Shenzhen to a European warehouse/distributor, and then sent out to the customer, so it avoids those charges for us.

Posted

OK so here we are it's May, how do you know, well the ice warning came up on the car this morning! Over night low of 2.4°C at: 05:24  now warmed slightly to 4.2°C bright sunshine with a clear wall to wall blue start.

Posted

A min of -1.1C here, first air frost since the 30th March and 0.1C off my lowest May temp (covering the last 10 years).
A clear calm night is something the 'beasts' were missing, shown by how this is only 4.2C higher than the lowest I had then.

There's apple orchards near here, but thankfully most varieties seem to be holding off for the warm up that's coming (this morning's frost won't have affected them too much though and it will have been slightly warmer on the hillside).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Who forecasted hail showers?

No idea but I have a hail shower here too. cut my first gardening day of the year short :wallbash: