Sign in to follow this  
Mokidugway

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Moisture is moving northwards on the radar quite nicely, expecting clouds to bubble up over the next few hours. Still clear skies, though I’m in Stoke currently, moving back up home around 3:30-4:00pm

Although looking at the met office, even though warnings are out, their forecast seems to be saying very few showers tonight.

Edited by Darren Bown

Hard to see where these showers are going to pop-up from the radar looks barren at the moment apart from a blob or too into the midlands...but a t-storm tonight will be a great way to end 3 picture perfect warm spring days.  Hope we have a few more spells like this before the summer is out.

Some nice looking clouds developing here atm. Sky looking more and more unstable with time.

Edited by Dexter

Clouds developing in stoke, and quite a breeze picking up!

Convective Weather has updated and this comment is brilliant for NW England.

’Surface observations suggest low-level wind convergence is beginning to develop over N Wales, and should continue to strengthen this afternoon, while expanding into NW England. This combined with increased forcing aloft should allow a few surface-based thunderstorms to initiate from about 17-18z onwards, initial focus over N Wales and then gradually shifting NE-wards across northern England during the evening hours. Particular focus is given to the western half of this MDT area.’

Plenty of high cloud here now but still pretty sunny and at 22c, a lovely day to be outside.

Enjoyed this warm spell, I'm not a fan of heat but these temps have been perfect for sitting out without sweating much. I am a bit burned though. Getting cloudy here with towering cumulus so it might bode well for some thunder later. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Just about to get the BBQ out. Hopefully that will make things kick off convective wise lol! Almost fully cloudy sky here now and very warm out. The waiting game is on now...

3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

5adb1edc53e72_Screenshot-2018-4-21Weatherwarnings.thumb.png.78702228b3d48b71b1c261b1b23d3894.png

After being out of the yellow all winter it's nice to actually be in the firing line

Bright sunshine most of the day... hazy and few clouds earlier... 24c... yesterday was 23c and had 27c Thursday... three nice days then a thunderstorm? Hopefully... 

Not much happening yet, still clear blue sky...

A line of instability just creeping up from the South West....not seeing any shower bubbling up yet over North Wales.  Feels muggy now, so fingers crossed a thunderstorm or two overnight will clear out the atmosphere.

Largely clear skies here for the past hour or so after turning cloudy around 16:00, however, a few altocumulus clouds drifting across from the SW now.

We are probably just at the start of the instability, if nothing has happened by 8, then I’ll be a bit more pessimistic.

Edited by Darren Bown

3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

A line of instability just creeping up from the South West....not seeing any shower bubbling up yet over North Wales.  Feels muggy now, so fingers crossed a thunderstorm or two overnight will clear out the atmosphere.

Echo has appeared but is it anaprop?

Satelitte shows a line of cloud in that area.

Im certain i live in the worst place in the uk for thunderstorms and snow!

image.pngimage.thumb.png.b50432fc4df8c7a9c6ecaaa1f7a03d62.png

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Just now, Darren Bown said:

We seen probably just at the start of the instability, if nothing has happened by 8, then I’ll be a bit more pessimistic.

Yes, I agree. I think it is still early days. I hope we start to see stuff sparking off over N and East Wales before too long. Manchester Airport forecast mentions possibility of thunderstorm until midnight so a long way to go yet.

2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Echo has appeared but is it anaprop?

Satelitte shows a line of cloud in that area.

Doesn't look like it in fact one or two more echoes have appeared.

7 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Doesn't look like it in fact one or two more echoes have appeared.

4 distinct cells now. 

4 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Strikes over N Wales.

Weird I could only see clear skies looking across the sea just now on my bike ride, no anvils I was disappointed but if they're getting cells there forming then hopefully in a few hours it'll be over here

9 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

Weird I could only see clear skies looking across the sea just now on my bike ride, no anvils I was disappointed but if they're getting cells there forming then hopefully in a few hours it'll be over here

Quite a cluster of strikes across Central North Wales and other strikes to the West and East of this now. This cluster will probably head towards Northern part of Wirral and Merseyside/Lancs Coast.

Hope the showers in central wales develop as those will head towards me and Manchester. The beast in n Wales will hit Liverpool.