Snow?

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some heavy arguing this morning with patches of bickering at times. Very cold with a distinct  feel of unpleasantness in the air. Looking like a big improvement later with some intervals of sarca

Thaw setting in now! Some unbelievable scenes, still folk snowed in in places, imagine how this looked before the thaw and before being dug out when the snow was untouched!!  95BD1E10

Some self righteous folk on here it seems. Nature is nature is nature...that includes suffering/tragedy/ unfortunate events etc etc in any form of life, whether it be farming or in our daily live

Posted Images

1 hour ago, itsnowjoke said:

Anybody got anything for the two bob bits 

not again second time since christmas ??

????

My late father use to say a spoonful of conflour. It' doesn't cure it but it sure does thicken it.?? 

32 minutes ago, James M said:

Quite astonishing having two cold easterlies in within a couple of weeks of each other and in March! Like buses....

My only gripe is it didn't happen in December or January. But overall it's been a decent Winter. And if we get further snowfalls into Spring then so be it lol. At least it will reduce the time of warm weather until Autumn.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Just catching up with the mod thread and looks like lots of toys being thrown because the far south won’t see the coldest air any more. Can’t really say how I feel about that but it’s  definitely not sad! 

• Like 3

Oo I like tonight!

Today:

It will be a cloudy day with outbreaks of showery rain. This turning to snow over the Pennines and Cumbrian Fells. Some brighter spells could develop though, mainly across the south. Cold in the north but mild in the south. Maximum temperature 12 °C.

Tonight:

The outbreaks of rain will turn increasingly to snow through the night, whilst moving southwestwards and weakening. Turning icy in its wake later, with clear spells and snow showers developing. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

Saturday:

A bitterly cold day with sunny spells and snow showers in the east. Some of the showers will be heavy. A strong easterly wind adding to the very cold feel. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Bitterly cold and windy on Sunday, with sunshine and snow showers, these potentially disruptive over trans-Pennine routes. Snow and winds ease Monday and Tuesday, though overnight frost and fog likely.

Updated: 02:01 on Fri 16 Mar 2018 GMT

• Like 1
10 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Anybody got anything for the two bob bits 

not again second time since christmas ??

????

Hope you're feeling better! If you've no Imodium in the house have you got any codeine? Excellent for slowing it all down and bunging you up.

I can't take it except in extremis because within a few minutes I can feel everything slowing down!! Even sweetcorn!:fool:

Edited by JeffC
1 hour ago, JeffC said:

Hope you're feeling better! If you've no Imodium in the house have you got any codeine? Excellent for slowing it all down and bunging you up.

I can't take it except in extremis because within a few minutes I can feel everything slowing down!! Even sweetcorn!:fool:

Nah no codeine had some Imodium fast melts least I slept all night just hope it's gone think it's gone now 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Nah no codeine had some Imodium fast melts least I slept all night just hope it's gone think it's gone now 

Aye, here's hoping!! 

• Thanks 1

Ice station zebra aka Boundary Park should live up to it's name tomorrow afternoon when Oldham host Portsmouth.  It's a mini best from the East so won't be as severe as the one in early March

Edited by dodgeredee
1 hour ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Hows it looking for the Cheshire gap, crap again!!!

Models all suggest we miss the heavy snow as it draws a U shape around Crewe.

Hi mate

Yeah, normally looks a bit poo but these charts below show some sort of either streamer or front...so who knows? Not holding out any hope though! :rofl:

3 hours ago, Spah1 said:

32E6E0AA-DAEF-463E-BABF-6318EBA0B521.thumb.png.8e8edece2598fda3eb7e44d320a1f466.pngB04B7F28-0398-4037-844B-5E1DFEC04EEC.thumb.png.f8ad773386d276a10cd5aeceb9c26583.png

streamer vil. 

Lancashire and a lot of the NW is now under 2 weather warnings for tomorrow -

Snow one now goes to the west coast - except the bit by Blackpool.

New Wind one -

Strong easterly winds will develop early on Saturday morning with some very strong gusts on the western side of high ground. Gusts of 60 mph are possible in places with a low likelihood of isolated 70 mph gusts. Winds will then ease from the north from later Saturday morning.

So Blizzards tomorrow morning.

Edited by cowdog
  • Thanks 1