Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Snow can settle on wet ground, it's a myth that it can't, you just need the temp to drop ever so slightly and boom its very strange to watch because you can almost watch puddles turn white 

I’m aware of that, but if it hasn’t managed it at night, I can’t see it during the day. Not in March with the sun packing a punch. 

Possibly tonight.

5 hours ago, SLEETY said:

strange time to ask that question.why not just look on the met office website instead .

Because we are not sure exactly where Bletchley Park is, being strangers to the Southeast. I had checked Met Office for Milton Keynes'   forecast thinking that might be nearby, but also thought it would be good to have local input. Do you object to visitors or something? 😕

Heavy snow small flakes here in Waltham abbey.

Just now, Spikey M said:

I’m aware of that, but if it hasn’t managed it at night, I can’t see it during the day. Not in March with the sun packing a punch. 

Possibly tonight.

Slim chance of any sun today...

sun.thumb.jpg.4f2bcf5ab77481282cbbde46c1b7e8a5.jpg

3 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

Possibly tonight.

It’s getting colder this morning. Once the snow becomes heavier it will settle on grass readily. But yes, in any sunshine it will start to melt. 

Leaden grey skies at the moment so I’m not sure how much sunshine there’ll be today. 

Edited by danm

Snowing  moderately on and of here on sheppey :D

1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Have you hit 10 on the MURR scale yet mate.

I’m at 5 at the moment 

Hopefully the snow can hold off enough so my boys can play footy ⚽️⚽️ Then it can do whatever it wishes. ⛄️⛄️

4 minutes ago, noggin said:

Because we are not sure exactly where Bletchley Park is, being strangers to the Southeast. I had checked Met Office for Milton Keynes'   forecast thinking that might be nearby, but also thought it would be good to have local input. Do you object to visitors or something? 😕

Don't worry about that.... I come on here for information and this site enables me to be prepared with regard to my sheep... Ask away... Best wishes and safe journey x

Just now, shotski said:

Hopefully the snow can hold off enough so my boys can play footy ⚽️⚽️ Then it can do whatever it wishes. ⛄️⛄️

I couldn't bear the thought of little boys outside playing football in this bitter weather... Their poor little knees shivering in the wind 😁😁😁😁😁. Hopefully they will be able to play their game.. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Heavy Snow 0.6c. NAG.

Send some down the road to Sevenoaks please 

:D

7 minutes ago, noggin said:

No idea where Bletchley Park is, but the regulars here welcome anyone to the thread from anywhere, I'm not an expert on the weather but from other posts, I would be extremely cautious if travelling anywhere in our region today, looks like the weather could be quite bad later today.

Up to 6 on the murrscale settling on grass and cars. Beginning to settle on pavements 

Dry as a bone on the Sussex coast.

looking forward to seeing what Mother Nature can produce today and tomorrow

25 minutes ago, Planet Stow said:

rain/sleet in north east London

Odd completely snow even microscopic stuff here been that way since 6 bit of a microclimate here. :) 

2 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

I couldn't bear the thought of little boys outside playing football in this bitter weather... Their poor little knees shivering in the wind 😁😁😁😁😁. Hopefully they will be able to play their game.. 

Trust me their well wrapped up in several layers and running around loving it. It’s the parents that get cold 😱⛄️

Light snow here in Croydon, struggling to settle on the ground, as I expected, especially tarmac/concrete given how mild it’s been, but settling on shed roof and fence.

4 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Dry as a bone on the Sussex coast.

looking forward to seeing what Mother Nature can produce today and tomorrow

Us southerners have to be a bit patient. the front is edging our way, but it's been very slow so far, but it has been building, so fingers crossed. after that, maybe tons of snow showers. 

1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Light snow here in Croydon, struggling to settle on the ground, as I expected, especially tarmac/concrete given how mild it’s been, but settling on shed roof and fence.

Does the gfs get them mm correct on 10day cause it says I'm only getting 2mm lol