SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

I imagine when the easterly really kicks in they will fall off dramatically. How are you by the way. I’m thinking of making my chasing comeback soon?

Hey Big Man, all good here frantically getting things ready for the Chase Season in 7 weeks. Would be great to have you back out there its been a while 

Hope all is well in North London and the beast pays you a visit, lets see how the dewpoints go as we near Midnight, gunna be a struggle though I think

27 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Thanks Nick. That explains things perfectly. How are you by the way. It’s been a long time

Not bad, can’t believe it’s 10 years since I first met you out in the U.S. chasing storms with Michael Fish!

Also can’t believe we going to experience another cold snap that tops anything upper temperature wise experienced in many winters we experienced from the late 90s through much of the naughties before 2009. Doesn’t feel right in mid-March and there’s no guarantee that we won’t see more cold snaps as we head through Easter. Oh well, we will see the back of winter some time  in the next few months 

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Hey Big Man, all good here frantically getting things ready for the Chase Season in 7 weeks. Would be great to have you back out there its been a while 

Hope all is well in North London and the beast pays you a visit, lets see how the dewpoints go as we near Midnight, gunna be a struggle though I think

I’m in Orpington now. So should be all good

• Like 1

Is it going to snow for you over the weekend? 

Find the answer here (you might have to hold the mouse cursor over the GIF to reveal the answer)

You're welcome. 

giphy.gif 

The pointer goes back to No, but this is a lie. 

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm off to bed as got to be up for work at 4. Hopefully we'll all get to see a bit of the white stuff, just wish it would hold off until 2pm as it would be my worst nightmare to be stuck at work for a minute longer than I have to be.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

so who is in the sweet spot for tomorrow then

18z Hirlam looks really good from 6am tomorrow for 24 hours, spreads it around the region aswell

image.thumb.png.316da108a2aac8b2c3f7a0a984ff0580.png

image.thumb.png.65a436835d3f9af763c5182cb3142a9c.png

image.thumb.png.18b113b4bcf87e4a2969fc0d923b8ce3.png

image.thumb.png.87b1050f9e41b03807a98bbf1f59463d.png

image.thumb.png.8e9d4335079e0cfff478c9cf874484cb.png

image.thumb.png.cbebf20c99acceae99347394e542800b.png

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

18z hirlam shows much of the SE buried by 9am Sunday!:crazy:

hirlam-45-38-0-1.png

HIRLAM will be my model of choice. Just need the above to shift 20 miles west to bring this area into the game, but it will keep changing.

• Like 1

Why is the very latest HIRLAM so much at odds with the other models?? The amount of snow forecast by it in the London area is wayyyy more than media forecast and the met! Is there an 18z Arpege/ Euro 4?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Joanne Swann said:

Hi All, still cant get my old account back, so starting from zero, still mild, no breeze, just find it so hard to believe Mr mini could arrive , this is just doesn't seem real, so many roller-coaster rides over the yrs on here, but this is the weirdest, i was so ready, to get my mower out on Monday, im as confused as the birds making their nests, well i will be when this cold and snow hits :D  

Came here to join in with that disbelief. I'm so warm the heating is off and bedroom window open, it feels like an early April Fools' joke. 
The weather stations in my town say a dew point of 6 or 7! 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, svalji said:

Why is the very latest HIRLAM so much at odds with the other models?? The amount of snow forecast by it in the London area is wayyyy more than media forecast and the met! Is there an 18z Arpege/ Euro 4?

To be honest, the metoffice app seems to be using a similar data source!  Anyway, only 24 hours to find out although you would think hirlam  is overdoing it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Came here to join in with that disbelief. I'm so warm the heating is off and bedroom window open, it feels like an early April Fools' joke. 

Wait till it snows this year on April 1st...models suggesting something:)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, svalji said:

HIRLAM was at odds last time, but was almost spot on. Not to say the same will happen this time, but it seems to handle these scenarios better than other high res models.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

me ive my heating on, lol, hate being cold in my home, just find it so hard to believe we could get ny snow, i want to cut my grass and see my frogs um being happy :D

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Joanne Swann said:

me ive my heating on, lol, hate being cold in my home, just find it so hard to believe we could get ny snow, i want to cut my grass and see my frogs um being happy :D

I want the freedom of leaving my house without a coat again! I do love snow, but I love sun too. I like proper seasons.
A year ago I photographed a wedding in Camber Sands and it seems crazy we were all running about the beach with no coats, including the bride. We were not remotely chilly! 
However this is an interesting event... and Prince did sing that it sometimes snows in April! And I can't argue with him. 

• Like 2