SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

Big flakes of snow coming down now in Old Windsor! ❄️❄️❄️

Yes, getting pretty heavy here in Englefield Green! Bigger flakes, fabulous stuff. And temperature dropped from 0C to -1C.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Would be awesome to get an actual streamer this evening. I have no skill to read charts or faxes so no idea if it’s likely but that would be the prefect end to a bizarre few weeks of weather for us all. 

6 minutes ago, Woollymummy said:

Staring out the window towards the East, I see there is a bank of cloud approaching but a great big patch of clear blue sky coming first, I have not seen that all day. Took the washing in, nicely freeze dried and stiff.

So basically when it thaws it will be wet again lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely hammering it down now!

cant get over just how heavy this snow is literally watching it go up on the patio! cant see the bottom of the garden!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, EWS said:

As a child, I remember having quite deep, laying snow about 3-4 miles inland from Deal a few times - enough for the schools to close. This was in the 80's though!

Oh yes, the hills and downs from ripple westwards seem to catch the snow, Deal town not so much. Good memories when the schools have to close ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Everything is white, not a lot of depth, probably an inch maybe 2 on the flat but its drifting, we seem in a perpetual semi blizzard situation..    

Yeah same here.

Its amazing we are talking about snow in mid march lol.

4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Yes another BBC MeteoGroup fail! :D

To be fair I don’t think the Met Office predicted this either.