Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

30 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's all this one's fault - he's run off with all the snow!

Image result for acting the goat

It wasn't that one at all, he's just been made the scape goat.

2 hours of moderate to at times heavy snow here in north Kent. Been very nice to see it falling. Looks nice on the plants 

06CB17E8-274E-448D-89B3-9CE907281D23.png

The snow is really doing it’s best to settle here with the bigger flakes but nothing apart from the snow covered grass

Goose feathers coming down now in SE25, settling on the garden patio, which it hasn’t before, so mesmerising and relaxing to watch, ideal to wind down on a Sunday afternoon.

Light to moderate snow in Wandsworth (S London). The heavier stuff is to the South of here.

26 minutes ago, Marie said:

Temp 1.7 and dewpoint -1.8 , grey overcast day , nothing really left snow wise apart from on grass and cars that haven’t moved .Nothing falling here in Brighton 

Just had a light shower in hove...obviously I mean of snow...I didnt have a shower with a load of.lights :-)

1 minute ago, Eastnorthwest said:

Now it's my turn to report a few flakes blowing in the wind ,sky looking good to my east 

And I still have no idea where you are!

Just now, EML Network said:

Just had a light shower in hove...obviously I mean of snow...I didnt have a shower with a load of.lights :-)

NOR did I stand underneath a shower head that has a beam of light coming out of it....ohh I do love to drink whisky by the seaside

16 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i thought today was going to be dry:cc_confused: Instead flakes are invading from the east:cc_confused:

Oh, Wispa it because its not a nice Topic, but maybe they are invaders from Mars, or elsewhere in the Milky Way, come to have a Picnic with you? Or maybe they're just peaceful Drifters?

I need a lie down I thnk.

It's actually starting to settle on the pavement :)

I imagine if I could get a decent period of heavy big flakes it really could settle - it is trying but as soon as big flakes stop it’s all gone

7 minutes ago, clactongaz said:

Sat24.com. .For a better radar

Just looked at that, defo a whole line of moisture heading right over me, but no development on it yet. Maybe more to come later.

Thames is really aiding in the PPN rates.. Look at the dark blues just appear behind the main stuff all moving west... Good top up for a a few and a covering for others that haven't seen any.. AND better still all a massive surprise! 

Lassie.............what do chocolate policemen say?

Aero, Aero, Aero.

i make myself laugh.

Sitting (very impatiently) 😚 waiting for the blob! 

Temp (Farnham, Surrey) -0.5

dp -3.1 

nothing has melted today so am hoping for a bit more of a lay! 

Nice surprise here.

Thought we were finished for the winter.

It for sure has backbuild in estuary in the last hour good! 

2EA98D82-F524-4CB4-9B1D-CAD53E68EF3D.thumb.png.98190a38ece96a77b2fa3b0a85924eba.png>F32055C6-2ACA-4DB8-A01C-C77FB56689C7.thumb.png.71ee2d5cbb21bef24ca77f33058de164.png

2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Just looked at that, defo a whole line of moisture heading right over me, but no development on it yet. Maybe more to come later.

The back edge is actually developing again if it starts to push a little south it my catch you again 

Snowing again in Rayleigh this afternoon unexpected but nice all the same especially on a Sunday 

1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

It for sure has backbuild in estuary in the last hour good! 

2EA98D82-F524-4CB4-9B1D-CAD53E68EF3D.thumb.png.98190a38ece96a77b2fa3b0a85924eba.png>F32055C6-2ACA-4DB8-A01C-C77FB56689C7.thumb.png.71ee2d5cbb21bef24ca77f33058de164.png

Steady as she grows..

Now it's just reached Lancing on the coast - temperature dropping away although still just above 0 C. Dew point much lower than at any time yesterday at -2.4 C.