Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Continuous light snow with strong winds for over an hour now, not amounting to anything though.
Love to see the snow rolling along the roads and pavements when its like this.

• Like 3

This is how it’s currently looking in galleywood , Chelmsford , just starting to settle on paths .. moderate snow with small washing powder like flakes with the odd larger flake mixed in 

Edited by Angel Wings
Trying to upload a pic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Trust me our green blob will be filling the Thames with heavy snow soon, let it develop.

Yes soon.:D

• Like 1

Been snowing here on sheppey for the last hour one minute light then heavier and the snow is more powdery now like last week blowing up the road we still have a bit from this mornings snow and the flakes seems to be getting a bit bigger now dose anyone know how North kent/sheppey will fair tonight/tomorrow. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Just so people know this is NOT a Kent clipper, its a textbook thames streamer setting up. Worth noting the winds did briefly swing more NE asthe convergence line set-up, but now winds bending back ENE and as a result the snowfall shield is developing in the mouth of the Thames.

Expect returns to get heavier and spread westwards with time. So far this is looking similar to Feb 2009 in terms of timing, may not evolve that way though of course!

Yep. Getting that feeling this end. Wind roaring. Snow starting to beef up now and then...she’s clearing her throat...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jan 87 said:

amounts will be much less I think. We had about a foot but not expecting anything like this. That was also a Sunday night so we got a day off Monday. But this time it will be melted by this coming Monday!

Yeah I think so as well, but just thought it was worth mentioning for those saying "we won't get much, etc") that we roughly about at the same point we were in Feb 09 and as you say some places managed a foot, so it shows its still all up for grabs. 

Amber zone looking solid right now, places further west will need to wait till the forcing increases during the evening, but good start for S.Essex, N.Kent and SE London.

• Like 3

brace yourselves, the snowstorm arrives in 5 minutes.... :bomb:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

No about 2 1/2 mins :D

1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

Not going to happen is it??

2 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

This snow is naff so far, just lots of light **** :(

• Sad 1

I’m sitting ironing with my back against the French windows. I can’t help myself I’m like a excited child again, I keep turning to look out the windows to see what size the flakes are ? I’m going to end up burning school uniform at this rate. Snizzle here now again, there were a few larger pieces in the mix but that seems to have disappeared. 

3 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are in Horsham?

How's it looking for us?

Hirlam 12z coming out, shows heavier snow moving inland at 22.00 tonight now.:cc_confused:

hirlam-1-9-0.png

Just now, snowy weather said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are in Horsham?

How's it looking for us?

yes i am. it does seem to be building very slowly. we all need to watch the blob off the thames estuary, thats where the action will start and it looks like it already is...

Been away from the radar for 45 mins and certainly looks like a Thames Snow Streamer brewing, since the last time I looked a lot more snow gathering in Thames Estuary and south North Sea, heavier too.

948DB38C-9ECF-44AF-84DF-5E09C2AD3192.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well after this little green blob the radar is clear with nothing coming from the North Sea. Starting to have doubts now.

• Sad 1

Just now, Djdazzle said:

Well after this little green blob the radar is clear with nothing coming from the North Sea. Starting to have doubts now.

Snow showers can form in the streamer closer to the coast so don’t doubt it all yet