Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Pulses of moderate snow now along the SE coast. Flake size keeps fluctuating. The signs of it wanting to settle on the floor now. 

Snowing a bit more, still small powder but it’s starting to lay on my wood balcony, not yet in paths but first time it’s dine that all day. It’s freezing now here it’s been chopping and changing by a degree or so all morning. 

2 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Clipper please. 

Finished work and so decided as the Redmen don't play til later and the six nations are a foregone conclusion and of course before any drinking needs commencing that I'll go for a walk instead of the gym. 

Am currently on East Cliff. A but blowy. Have taken some pics for later. 

Yup not sure where people are getting Thames streamer from and talk of 2009, This to me atm looks like a far southeastern event.

Snow fell heavily for a while in Sandbanks this morning, something  I had resigned myself to never seeing. The beach had an absolutely biting wind blowing, brought tears to the eyes in all the wrong ways and had us running at some speed to the cafe for a full English. Driving back to Surbiton, light coverings of snow became visible alongside the M3 just north of Winchester, and from there onwards we had nearly constant light snow, heavier and lighter throughout, with a very light dusting greeting us on the grass once we returned home. Really hoping for the streamer to deliver later. 

sandbanksbeach.jpg

sandbanks ferry.jpg

sandbanks snow.jpg

Polystyrene blizzard starting to settle on roads and pavements now in Southend!

1 minute ago, london-snow said:

Yup not sure where people are getting Thames streamer from and talk of 2009, This to me atm looks like a far southeastern event.

Fgs!!!

PATIENCE !!!!!

Sea at Dunwich this pm. Blowing a gale at 0C!

dunwich.thumb.jpg.fcc322efa9493cbffd57835bdb09953d.jpg

21 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Snow rate picking up now. Looking good for next few hours in North/East Kent

Really hope so, missed out last time. Light snow in Sandwich but feels much colder than this morning, ground is drying up too which bodes well. Only had a dusting this morning but it still looked pretty.

20180317_103440.jpg

I know it’s before 4 - but out of interest if it was just a Kent clipper how would SE London / NW Kent do

Just now, bluearmy said:

Fgs!!!

PATIENCE !!!!!

Fair enough BA, 

Not overly fussed about this event hope all of region gets pasted except me (working nights outside with a busted Achilles is no fun). 

Subtle changes in North Kent blob alignment, will start sending ppn down the estery soon. 

Unlike earlier (when everything was very wet) with any heavier bursts of snow from now on, we should see settling on pavements. Dew points are now low enough to support this.

Edited by CK1981

Just now, IPredictASnowStorm said:

you won't get nothing in st albans ur too high up

I know - I’m trying not to be IMBY and help thise who will 

Just now, IPredictASnowStorm said:

you won't get nothing in st albans ur too high up

Does that mean he will get a lot 

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Subtle changes in North Kent blob alignment, will start sending ppn down the estery soon. 

Still looks okay for us. Showers starting to develop between us the continent 

1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Unlike earlier (when everything was very wet) with any heavier bursts of snow from now on, we should see settling on pavements. Dew points are now low enough to support this.

Can confirm you are right. It’s settling on pavement/road 👍

2 minutes ago, Rezillo said:

Sea at Dunwich this pm. Blowing a gale at 0C!

dunwich.thumb.jpg.fcc322efa9493cbffd57835bdb09953d.jpg

Thought you said Dulwich:blink2:...thought never seen any sea around Dulwich!!:laugh:

It gets a bit tiresome, wading through posts complaining/moaning and writing off a snow event that was never ment to start until this afternoon, follow the radar and the reports in here, it will make your evening far less stressful 🙂, just started snowing again here in crowborough, onlynlight but it's a start!

Tick tock tick tock it' nearly 4oclock ☺😂❄❄❄❄☃☃☃☃❄❄❄😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, leemondo said:

It gets a bit tiresome, wading through posts complaining/moaning and writing off a snow event that was never ment to start until this afternoon, follow the radar and the reports in here, it will make your evening far less stressful 🙂, just started snowing again here in crowborough, onlynlight but it's a start!

I don't see where anyone is seeing heavy snow that green and blue is terrible I was in middle of it and didn't even land

Just now, Essex Chelle said:

Tick tock tick tock it' nearly 4oclock ☺😂❄❄❄❄☃☃☃☃❄❄❄😂😂😂😂

show me the "heavy snow" on the radar lol