Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

2pm radar returns starting to get interesting from the thames & more especially east kent vicinty....

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Murr said:

2pm radar returns starting to get interesting from the thames & more especially east kent vicinty....

It's a real tricky one for my location imo (Boxley) I'm looking at two potential decent set-ups, one to me West and one to my East, I could potentially be on the edge of both of I might not get much at all.....however experience and history tells me I've often done well from this type of set-up, time will tell

3 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The Meto only have light snow throughout the evening and morning hardly enough to cause excitement ?

God grief apps just ignore them following last time I don’t give them the time of day. Heathrow TAF has heavy snow showers tonight blowing too, these will come your way. 

14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well after thinking the front was going to clear hours ago before I went out, was moving south quicker than forecast at the time, it is still over me but producing icey type snow, almost sleet really. Although still have snow on cars and grass, ice in places and iceikles? There's even huge iceikles one the front of running buses, so the cold is here. I think it looks like the snow is trying to turn less icy again now though, just not quite there yet. Think it will land well if it does turn.

I think the progression south of the cold air has been just slightly slower than expected, it got here on schedule, but slowed right down as it moved towards the south coast.

5 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The Meto only have light snow throughout the evening and morning hardly enough to cause excitement ?

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that prediction is wrong and no doubt will change as things progress!

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Indeed, Light snow pepping up now in East Kent, coming in a ENE wind off the sea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

What's it looking like for NAG and Sevenoaks area later ?

Possible wave developing along frontal boundary over south North Sea to east of East Kent

C3C698E3-DF9B-4AD2-9EDC-476F760EF105.jpeg

• Like 4

we've had a lovely snowy morning here in Brighton, only just stopped.  Didn't lay but maybe later

What difference a day makes yesterday I was in garden very mild. today we are in the freezer..:cold:

FF0E4125-C9FF-4C7F-9586-A6BB4F2005C4.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, James Oliver said:

Snow pepping up in Dover. Falling moderately now with larger flakes mixed in. 

Yep can confirm that has got here now, although still small flakes, just more of them and looking less icy.

Houston we have lift off in the Thames on 215 !!!

Streamer activated - cmon !!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Any thoughts on Brighton either getting in on either one of the streamers or the precipitation moving up from France? And replies would be much appreciated thanks 

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Murr said:

looks like she is trying to fire.. GO ON GIRL!

• Like 1

Showers starting to pop up. Now it gets interesting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Yep can confirm that has got here now, although still small flakes, just more of them and looking less icy.

I can't help but think this will fizzle out for us down here with that expanding blob moving to the North of us. 

Yep, pepping up in a the Thames Estuary, possible convergence starting

B0D2D6FC-CEBD-4FB6-B65D-B663AEB9D131.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clactongaz said:

Nothing here now..blob been and gone. just very cold and windy

Same, suddenly stopped, oh well.

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Good news for SE London I’m hoping for it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

Watford are just out of amber warning tonight how much u think Watford will get

Dunno, really, according to the radar we were on the lower edge with slight snow but see that it has now meandered a little so that we are more in the middle and the snow has intensifie a little - temp now dropped to -0.4 and humidity 82%.

There is a stream coming in our direction from North Norfolk.  

Pavements still dryish but snow is now blowing in  wind.

In these conditions it is hard to predict, especially since more showery type ppn is being forecasted and this can be quite variable. I would suggest that the area of the amber warning is a line on a map and it can vary. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

What radar do you use please

When or if the Thames streamer sets up, what wind direction are we looking at having?

Just went for a quick walk ( was getting too cold lol ) and it's started to snow again :)

• Like 1