Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

26 minutes ago, snowray said:

OMG, don't remember ever seeing a fax chart like that, thats actually verified anyway. Still a long way off though at T72, but it seems to me that something special, especially for Mid/late March is likely to turn up for our region.

At this stage I will stick my neck out and say areas around Croydon, Surrey generally, and up towards London including West London could be the Jackpot locations.:)

south-east-map.gif

I always thought the channel tunnel was finished:cc_confused:

29 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

We'll all probably end up like this guy come Monday morning:laugh:

Image result for snow meme

Or his best mate: image.thumb.jpeg.5840f3a5f14506d83e8d5df920233b41.jpeg

Meanwhile - a three-legged cat!

Image result for very extremely deep snow

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Redmc13 said:

The latest met office video wasn't suggesting much other than a few cm in Kent so bit confused if we are going to get much other than showers feeding in Sunday also rather than a snow fest. Keeping everything crossed !! 

No it didn’t say that,it said could be more than 2-5cm in our region.How is it people are unable to follow a video so easily,same in the MOD thread:gathering:

• Like 1

With the Easterly u need to be in line for the showers some people may end up with up to 10cm some none u need to just be in the line I wish everyone luck on the day 😀

Edited by IPredictASnowStorm

47 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

No it didn’t say that,it said could be more than 2-5cm in our region.How is it people are unable to follow a video so easily,same in the MOD thread:gathering:

30% chance of more distruptive snow is hardly nailed on imo. Looked more south of region and west in the graphic so hoping it spreads across whole of SE as obviously no one  knows yet. 

3 hours ago, Snipper said:

Looking good.  I notice you have wallpapered your greenhouse and have an easy chair in there.  Couldn't spot the beer keg.

Couple of questions. 

Did you get a good deal as the cost of your buffet food heater makes the chillies expensive initially? 

What is the hottest chilli you grow (Scoville scale)?

Hehe, that’s because it’s not my greenhouse, it’s my lounge! The growlight garden was £70 I think, bit pricey but I had amazon vouchers from my birthday to use so came out cheap 😀 The unit is very cheap to run. I don’t grow hot chillies, the hottest is jalapeño at around 2500 Scoville units. Don’t see the point as can’t taste anything hotter, just burns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

At the same time as watching these posts about possible snow i'm following the most awful breaking news story that a bridge has collapsed and lots of cars are trapped under it, i don't expect its survivable, just gives a perspective to the bickering going on in the model thread.

Omg where? Never mind read your answer to someone else hope not to many have been hurt.

Edited by alexisj9

8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Omg where? Never mind read your answer to someone else hope not to many have been hurt.

Six are dead last I read never mind injured I believe and it was only finished this weekend. Although the pedestrian part was yet complete there would have been even more injuries. 

Not quite liking the trend to push things more north...seems ECM op was backed.

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

death toll is four i think at present, bound to rise

Anyone know how sheppey will do as some are saying a fair bit and yet others are saying there will won't be much  we did very well last time 5 inches went sledging  3 times and said to the kids make the most of it so if we do get enough then we will be out again didn't expect this again for a few years but I am up for it.:D

20 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hehe, that’s because it’s not my greenhouse, it’s my lounge! The growlight garden was £70 I think, bit pricey but I had amazon vouchers from my birthday to use so came out cheap 😀 The unit is very cheap to run. I don’t grow hot chillies, the hottest is jalapeño at around 2500 Scoville units. Don’t see the point as can’t taste anything hotter, just burns. 

Nice bit of kit that. They should be ready for planting out in a few weeks. I grew Scotch Bonnet chillies last year,hot buggers! 

Just going spuds on the allotment this year,was going to put in the earlies this weekend but can't see myself planting spuds and it snowing on me!

I ll leave it a few weeks now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

image.thumb.png.9ee2ee5f734ff1f7b52cfb0c6ba86012.png

❄❄❄❄❄

Thats what I like to see, old school!:ninja:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

gfs-2-60.png

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

❄❄❄❄❄

No way on earth lol. Although I would love to see that happen.

• Like 1

Can someone please post the met office warning maps and summary for our location as I can't see it on my phone. I'd be most grateful thank you

5 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Can someone please post the met office warning maps and summary for our location as I can't see it on my phone. I'd be most grateful thank you

The maps on previous post

4D75CE04-BF13-4AD6-A3CC-80DE45191425.jpeg

8696A85C-A585-4BF0-8489-4E8DF1FD4B2C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else thinking surely we can't get lucky a second time?? Ive seen for myself that it's all there in black and white (or rather blues and purples lol) on the charts but can't quite believe it's actually going to happen eek!!:cold:

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I always thought the channel tunnel was finished:cc_confused:

Break-sit channel:rofl:

50 minutes ago, yamkin said:

❄❄❄❄❄

❄❄❄❄❄

I think he forgot his laxatives for that broadcast:D

Just had a browse through latest HIRLAM (which imho was best for showing snow depths a couple weeks ago and it looks like light snow will reach SELondon about 6am Saturday morning and spread Southwards and Westwards and looks on and off till end of that run which is 6pm Saturday.Then we may have further snow to think about Saturday evening and Sunday which looks more widespread.I have a feeling that although it may not hang around that long there could be some quite significant falls and i feel quite a few areas that didnt see that much in late feb/early march will be pleasently surprised(if snow is your thing)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Darkcloud said:

Anyone else thinking surely we can't get lucky a second time?? Ive seen for myself that it's all there in black and white (or rather blues and purples lol) on the charts but can't quite believe it's actually going to happen eek!!:cold:

As always, gonna be a case of wait and see, last cold spell some areas got stuck under a streamer of snow showers for ages, while down the road it stayed dry, however this time, there does look to be good reason that snow will be more widespread and persistent for a time Sunday morning, though some spots will obviously receive more than others.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2

Hello SE quarters,how are you lot firming up?

i would just like to post in here to wish you all a snowy weekend and have fun

up here in cloud coo coo land of nothingness we could miss out again from the beast #2 but lets see what pans out

one last hurrah,but is it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1