Jump to content
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

Supposedly taking part in the Adidas City Run in Fulham on Sunday, they are saying they are monitoring the weather, but now with the yellow warning for Saturday and Sunday, what is the likeliness of them pulling the plug before the weekend? 

I'm sure the health and safety people are a little concerned right now! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

18031706_1506.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

18031706_1506.gif

In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although we have a shorter window for convection and snow potential than we did a couple of weeks ago, it’s important to remember that in Feb 09 some of us saw a huge amount of snowfall in only about a 12 hour period. 

So while this is looking like a relatively short cold spell, some parts of the region could see a lot of snow. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, snowray said:

Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

Some one say coffee !! :crazy:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On my met office so, is one snowflake light or heavy snow ?? 

I see people saying heavy snow and then I check out their location and it shows one flake ????

i see erith does have two flakes onight sat

Edited by bluearmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Some one say coffee !! :crazy:

I'm just about to make myself some...:yahoo::yahoo:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

On my met office so, is one snowflake light or heavy snow ?? 

I see people saying heavy snow and then I check out their location and it shows one flake ????

It's a big flake?:crazy::crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharpedge said:

Thanks for that, not sure yet, my wife will be using it, it’s arrived and looks good.  Could be useful for fresh herbs.

Yes, reviews say it’s perfect for that. Although probably not the herbs that @snowray is alluding to! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well its your profile pic sb that gives the game away, that hoodie, scruffy Goat-ee and a naughty smile that's obviously been up to something illicit. And what's that I see behind you there, could that be one of them giant bong things that were being imported from Morocco back in the 70's, flower power and all that? In fact I bet that what you had going on in your "allotment" in the quiet Surrey suburbia was on an industrial scale, I mean look at the size of them flames coming out of the top of that thing. :wink::rofl:

252e02950df14276343533a6edacc0a7.jpg

Lol!! That made me chuckle. “a naughty smile that’s obviously been up to something illicit”.....hahaha, well I’m just a smiley person 😂 And that hoodie is my normal attire. I really do like your imagination, in reality I think I’d probably disappoint you lol, am rather boring these days! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

On my met office so, is one snowflake light or heavy snow ?? 

I see people saying heavy snow and then I check out their location and it shows one flake ????

i see erith does have two flakes onight sat

I'm just looking at the forecast map for the South East on the Met site, there are heavy snow symbols all over the place. Erith very rarely gets a heavy snow symbol so thats a very good omen for everyone that we have got one.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lol!! That made me chuckle. “a naughty smile that’s obviously been up to something illicit”.....hahaha, well I’m just a smiley person 😂 And that hoodie is my normal attire. I really do like your imagination, in reality I think I’d probably disappoint you lol, am rather boring these days! 

i have a lot of ahem...weeds growing in my garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's a big flake?:crazy::crazy:

97100834-C6B9-4AE7-A33A-D41EAFE3E981.thumb.jpeg.9a0b7191541e8c009a9e8c0c8a0a01d3.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i have a lot of ahem...weeds growing in my garden.

So that explains your goat herd?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you realize there's a good chance of snow at your location the weekend 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i have a lot of ahem...weeds growing in my garden.

You can make one of these then lass to burn your weeds, similar to what sb has got there in his pic but made out of snow, I mean if we do get lots of snow that is, you know what I mean. Watch out though, might melt if you got lots of weeds to burn, just do a bit at the time.:cc_confused: 

Anyway best to burn it or you can feed it to your goat.:rofl:

2387a3d8a6a3bd354e64c46f32bb7ff0.jpg

images.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strictly no smoking!

image.thumb.jpeg.ae7cc302d01b999aa02705b73b1d6e5a.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

You can make one of these then lass to burn your weeds, similar to what sb has got there in his pic but made out of snow, I mean if we do get lots of snow that is, you know what I mean. Watch out though, might melt if you got lots of weeds to burn, just do a bit at the time.:cc_confused: 

Anyway best to burn it or you can feed it to your goat.:rofl:

2387a3d8a6a3bd354e64c46f32bb7ff0.jpg

images.jpg

i'll treat my goat to some extra weed this weekend to keep it warm, i've also just got it a pipe from amazon, all that's missing is the suit, tie and monocle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lassie23 said:

i'll treat my goat to some extra weed this weekend to keep it warm, i've also just got it a pipe from amazon, all that's missing is the suit, tie and monocle

Well remember that goats will eat anything, not just your weeds Lass.:rofl:

Anyway, collies are good with goats.

a275d77a825a856e7969e26e1aaf6d3f-these-goats-are-stoned-as-sht.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance people could stop using a weather forum to discuss drugs?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

i'll treat my goat to some extra weed this weekend to keep it warm, i've also just got it a pipe from amazon, all that's missing is the suit, tie and monocle

The Crith Eubank disguise is real class...I wonder what Neitzche (sp?) would have said? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

On my met office so, is one snowflake light or heavy snow ?? 

I see people saying heavy snow and then I check out their location and it shows one flake ????

i see erith does have two flakes onight sat

Nah just light snow here apprently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magicpatch said:

Supposedly taking part in the Adidas City Run in Fulham on Sunday, they are saying they are monitoring the weather, but now with the yellow warning for Saturday and Sunday, what is the likeliness of them pulling the plug before the weekend? 

I'm sure the health and safety people are a little concerned right now! 

Same here, I’m doing the Brentwood Half, and they are saying the same. Saturday night/early hours has heavy snow forecast. 

😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Any chance people could stop using a weather forum to discuss drugs?

Your username suggests otherwise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×