Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Simply epic here in Norfolk, just keeps coming, going to need digging out at this rate!

• Like 3

This is getting worrying now, we must have a foot of snow already and it still comes down. I'm south Norwich.

1519819024492-1476174227.jpg

Edited by runboy
  • Like 7

Just about to venture into garden to brush the snow off my evergreen plants as they are sagging under the weight of it all by the time I’d found the brush, another blizzard has started up again, really blowing around in the wind now.

• Like 3

Well that was an eventful hour. Heaviest snow I've seen since 2010 put down an inch, taking us up to 2 inches in total. All we needed was the wind to swing round and bingo. Would expect maybe another 30 minutes of this before it clears London.

• Like 2

Now, if this could last all day then that'd be great. Thanks. :yahoo:

• Like 2

The snows seems to gain intensity as it comes onshore in Essex and moves west to London. 

For the Essex contingent looks like my hometown of Brentwood's a good place to be today!

1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

AS expected, the blizzard that started about 100 yards from the Jobcentre has now almost stopped...And, also as expected, none of the employers and but a handful of DWP staff managed to get to work...

I warned them about the snow, when I was there last Wednesday!:yahoo:

Haha I thought they wouldn’t show despite you being expected to walk through blizzards. Seriously, can you get to the GP for your required documentation? 

My other half is a GP and has been on his knees with exhaustion since Christmas because of the number of patients/call outs etc. But he rang this morning to say there were 17 appointments still not taken and the place is practically deserted 🙄 Maybe everyone is too busy taking photos of the half inch of snow to feel ill? 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Spilling mistake
  • Like 1

It does look as though it is the turn of North of the Thames today - we've just had a fairly moderate snow shower with more in the offing - temp currently -1.6C at Watford. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, danm said:

The snows seems to gain intensity as it comes onshore in Essex and moves west to London. 

Reckon we're due any more today in the Loughton/chingford area?

5 minutes ago, mike Meehan said:

It does look as though it is the turn of North of the Thames today - we've just had a fairly moderate snow shower with more in the offing - temp currently -1.6C at Watford. 

I'm in Watford shows snow showers until 7

Multicar accident near great yarmouth, air ambulance on scene

Edited by JennyJane1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

ur well cheery you

yep, but it shows how bad the conditions are out there

• Like 2

Showers in the North Sea look to be tracking just to my North - Colchester/Braintree along the A120 maybe?