Jump to content

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

We have nothing at all in Milton Keynes either.  Had a brief flurry yesterday and a few flakes this morning but nothing on the ground now and nothing else destined for us apart from maybe an inch Friday night /Saturday morning

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, john mac said:

Just looking on the met office twitter feed and run the sequence for today and there’s definitely potential for more snow for this region this evening!!

Yes, just seen the precipitation forecast in the Met office app and it even looks like we could get more snow showers this afternoon. BBC app showing the same, heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 for Chingford (but always take the apps with a pinch of salt)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

Look out the window in like 30 mins. A huge blob just passed Ipswich and is gaining strength, heading right to Cambridge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

That’s amazing IT, I think you are about 20 miles south of me and I am looking out on 4-5inches, those showers coming in off the wash last night is what did it for us. Unfortunately, the big showers to our east look like fizzling out before they reach us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, danm said:

Yes, just seen the precipitation forecast in the Met office app and it even looks like we could get more snow showers this afternoon. BBC app showing the same, heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 for Chingford (but always take the apps with a pinch of salt)

Tbh I don’t bother with apps. If you go on the met office twitter feed and look at the video sequence they put out this morning for the day. You can see what I mean with the wind swinging back more easterly again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Amazing phenomenal- here in uxbridge [email protected] diamonds..

Snowing without cloud cover!!!!

Where the air is so fridged yet picking up moisture with falling flackes /crystals..

In brilliant sunshine.....

Yeah I had that yesterday morning. It’s incredible

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, john mac said:

Tbh I don’t bother with apps. If you go on the met office twitter feed and look at the video sequence they put out this morning for the day. You can see what I mean with the wind swinging back more easterly again.

Me neither...as far as I can tell, apps change in response to each and every model run?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Me neither...as far as I can tell, apps change in response to each and every model run?

Yeah they’re crap at forecasting and just change with each run that comes out.

about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm eating humble pie. After being annoyed at the lack of snow Sunday/Monday I've now got over 20cm and it's started snowing again. It's mad here in Norwich, all the busses are cancelled, roads at a standstill. My kids went out and the snow is over the top of their wellies (all the schools are closed). 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

I'm not surprised tbh, Dan Holley reporting 18cm - 22cm in the city and it's still coming down! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Apparently a gritter crashed on the a11 this morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

It's soooo quiet; it's like a bank holiday...Anywho, I'm off to the Jobcentre, for a Jobsfare, at half-past-ten...Ought to be very busy!:shok:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...