Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Just looking on the met office twitter feed and run the sequence for today and there’s definitely potential for more snow for this region this evening!!

16 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

We have nothing at all in Milton Keynes either.  Had a brief flurry yesterday and a few flakes this morning but nothing on the ground now and nothing else destined for us apart from maybe an inch Friday night /Saturday morning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john mac said:

Just looking on the met office twitter feed and run the sequence for today and there’s definitely potential for more snow for this region this evening!!

Yes, just seen the precipitation forecast in the Met office app and it even looks like we could get more snow showers this afternoon. BBC app showing the same, heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 for Chingford (but always take the apps with a pinch of salt)

19 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

Look out the window in like 30 mins. A huge blob just passed Ipswich and is gaining strength, heading right to Cambridge.

20 minutes ago, icy toes said:

That’s amazing IT, I think you are about 20 miles south of me and I am looking out on 4-5inches, those showers coming in off the wash last night is what did it for us. Unfortunately, the big showers to our east look like fizzling out before they reach us.

Amazing phenomenal- here in uxbridge [email protected] diamonds..

Snowing without cloud cover!!!!

Where the air is so fridged yet picking up moisture with falling flackes /crystals..

In brilliant sunshine.....

20180228_083544.jpg

20180228_083531.jpg

20180228_083522.jpg

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, danm said:

Yes, just seen the precipitation forecast in the Met office app and it even looks like we could get more snow showers this afternoon. BBC app showing the same, heavy snow showers between 12 and 5 for Chingford (but always take the apps with a pinch of salt)

Tbh I don’t bother with apps. If you go on the met office twitter feed and look at the video sequence they put out this morning for the day. You can see what I mean with the wind swinging back more easterly again.

2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Amazing phenomenal- here in uxbridge [email protected] diamonds..

Snowing without cloud cover!!!!

Where the air is so fridged yet picking up moisture with falling flackes /crystals..

In brilliant sunshine.....

Yeah I had that yesterday morning. It’s incredible

• Like 1

Hasn't stopped all morning in Norwich and still heavy. At least 8 or 9 inches I would say now! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, john mac said:

Tbh I don’t bother with apps. If you go on the met office twitter feed and look at the video sequence they put out this morning for the day. You can see what I mean with the wind swinging back more easterly again.

Me neither...as far as I can tell, apps change in response to each and every model run?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Me neither...as far as I can tell, apps change in response to each and every model run?

Yeah they’re crap at forecasting and just change with each run that comes out.

about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!

Where there was barely a breath of wind early this morning, it’s now definitely starting to pick up, snow blowing around more as it falls. 

• Like 2

I'm eating humble pie. After being annoyed at the lack of snow Sunday/Monday I've now got over 20cm and it's started snowing again. It's mad here in Norwich, all the busses are cancelled, roads at a standstill. My kids went out and the snow is over the top of their wellies (all the schools are closed). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Robster said:

Hasn't stopped all morning in Norwich and still heavy. At least 8 or 9 inches I would say now! 

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

The sun is coming out. Is it time to say good bye to the snow like yesterday?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

They are saying traffic is at a standstill all around norwich, glad i am indoors

I'm not surprised tbh, Dan Holley reporting 18cm - 22cm in the city and it's still coming down! 

• Like 1

Yeah hopeing the sun doesn’t melt my precious 1cm 😂. If I can keep it intact today at least I will have a base for any further snow tonight!!

4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Just now, Blazerblue said:

Yeah roads here are thick with snow, nobody’s going anywhere, yet we have a gritting depot 100 yards up the road, don’t think they can get anywhere either :cold::cold:

Apparently a gritter crashed on the a11 this morning.

2 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

It's soooo quiet; it's like a bank holiday...Anywho, I'm off to the Jobcentre, for a Jobsfare, at half-past-ten...Ought to be very busy!:shok:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

Apparently a gritter crashed on the a11 this morning.

Need ploughs on the front of gritters, two jobs at once makes sense to me. 

6z rolling soon....all important emma track and form.

Lets see where the gfs evolves??.

• Like 1