2C3C2381-6A2E-4120-ACC9-641362847C18.jpeg

BB31AEA8-AE76-45C1-BF3A-8A0AB02B379A.jpeg

You've got some sunshine!

2 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Another snow storm coming. Jesus!!! 😂

2C3C2381-6A2E-4120-ACC9-641362847C18.jpeg

BB31AEA8-AE76-45C1-BF3A-8A0AB02B379A.jpeg

F254A6C9-3AF3-42FF-8F28-40BC402BD37D.jpeg

snowing lightly here, more snow falling and settling in the last couple of days than i have ever seen in the uk, i think this stretch of the coastline may be where they are warning 20cm may fall today.

Anything else coming on the radar for this area?

1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

snowing lightly here, more snow falling and settling in the last couple of days than i have ever seen in the uk, i think this stretch of the coastline may be where they are warning 20cm may fall today.

I’m with you there Jenny, it’s an event here for sure. Hasn’t the wind picked up the last 30 minutes on the coast, really whipping the snow about now. 

So I woke around 6am on the morning and was welcomed to this.....

DSC_0965.thumb.JPG.3feb07fca37c3957dc2e21b8b1c8061a.JPG

DSC_0968.thumb.JPG.e0e31a26885b3e41964fd0401b683be5.JPG

DSC_0969.thumb.JPG.5f4e9e90d8d5e0a27be4d93bb6a229df.JPG

Best snowfall Central London has got since January 2013! :yahoo:

Easily got about 3ins! :D

Hopefully more to come Thurs/Fri for our region. Good luck guys! :good:

3 minutes ago, john mac said:

There's some coming through fairly soon which might just clip you, other than that it looks fairly quiet from where you are southwards today as the winds change and there seems to be less instability - I'd keep an eye on tomorrow and Friday for anything significant.

On another note - bitterly cold start at -5.3c at the moment but actually fine without the wind, a light dusting over night but still not as good as the snow we got earlier during the winter.

4 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

I’m with you there Jenny, it’s an event here for sure. Hasn’t the wind picked up the last 30 minutes on the coast, really whipping the snow about now. 

All is still at the moment but its when the snow falls quite a lot you can see it being blown about.Sky looks ominously greywhite and laden so i think it will snow a lot soon.Just worked out what is wrong with seagull, he shed a big feather, hes just brought it to me in his beak to show me.

Bloody freezing on this mornings dog walk. -4.5 degrees C however with the windchill probably nearer -12!  numb fingers! wrap up warm....

The sun had a halo around it this morning an also a 'sun dog'.  It was not that pronounced compared to the examples found on the internet but was interesting nevertheless. 

From Wikipedia

A sun dog (or sundog) or mock sun, formally called a parhelion[1] (plural parhelia) in meteorology, is an atmospheric optical phenomenon that consists of a bright spot to the left and/or right of the Sun. Two sun dogs often flank the Sun within a 22° halo.

The sun dog is a member of the family of halos, caused by the refraction of sunlight by ice crystals in the atmosphere. Sun dogs typically appear as a pair of subtly colored patches of light, around 22° to the left and right of the Sun, and at the same altitude above the horizon as the Sun. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but are not always obvious or bright. Sun dogs are best seen and most conspicuous when the Sun is near the horizon.

Edited by trumpage
typo

Completely snowed in here at halesworth, not a car is moving. Dogs loved it, took ages to get all the balls of snow off their legs and bellies, gotta be at least 6” deep and drifts even higher, snow still,coming down. Least my sons school in Lowestoft is closed today, couldn’t get there even if I wanted to.

Constant pulses of heavy snow West Ipswich just not letting up.

A couple of CMs here in NW London. Not expecting anything else away from the coasts as the winds veer south easterly. I think Thursdays precipitation will be to far west, although expect another couple of cms on Friday.

It’s been an event for here thats for sure. The beast took a while but has awakened overnight and delivered, steady moderate snow and now heavy again now! 

8 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

There's some coming through fairly soon which might just clip you, other than that it looks fairly quiet from where you are southwards today as the winds change and there seems to be less instability - I'd keep an eye on tomorrow and Friday for anything significant.

On another note - bitterly cold start at -5.3c at the moment but actually fine without the wind, a light dusting over night but still not as good as the snow we got earlier during the winter.

I think your right. London hot a good pasting during December 2017, but that snow was sourced from the Atlantic (Frontal Snow) Whereas the snow we got now is more powdery snow off from the North Sea. I think Thurs/Fri will give us that wet snow in bigger accumulations. :)

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

21 minutes ago, john mac said:

Doesn’t look like it, all going north of us into N Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire etc. Winds SE now so doubt we’ll see much more today. 

5 minutes ago, icy toes said:

Nothing here in the Cambridgeshire corridor of shame. Seems we might be the only area in the region without snow. Even the heavy stuff coming through on the radar looks like missing us.

About a CM here this morning but we are right on the edge of where it fizzles out. Looked promising earlier but its all just fizzling as soon as it gets inland - typically what I'd expect from this kind of set up! Never mind. South & East Cambs is just not the place to be in an Easterly... 

Finally some proper snowfall in Ipswich. Almost didn't make it up bishops hill this morning.

1519805806217238406122.jpg

@emma- the track still not nailed and could be to far west as a whole.

Anyhow as she draws-and pivots she draws in yet more moisture across the region....highly likely all see snow region wide.

Thurs/fri...

With potential blizzards in prone areas!!

Out west....looking best...as we stand.

gfs-0-54.png

Edited by tight isobar

1 minute ago, tight isobar said:

@emma- the track still not nailed and could be to far west as a whole.

Anyhow as she draws-and pivots she draws in yet more moisture across the region....highly likely all see snow region wide.

gfs-0-54.png

Looking likely we'll get snow but just how much is the question... the models vary with every output from a proper dump to just a 2-3cm event. 

14 minutes ago, icy toes said:

You’ll be getting yours this morning

i expect s Herts will be one of the lowest totals at our longtitude when the day is out 

hopefully we are just west enough tomorrow to catch the edge of the frontal snow as it pivots nw. Seems unlikely though

Edited by bluearmy

Just now, Matty88 said:

Looking likely we'll get snow but just how much is the question... the models vary with every output from a proper dump to just a 2-3cm event. 

Yes-agree m8.

The potential remains for disruptive amounts.

I personaly look forwards to tracking her making inroads.