Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

1 minute ago, Big Snow said:

I am reaching peak frustration. Can't see anything exciting for north London tonight, showers seem to die as soon as they reach land. Although someone correct me if I'm missing something.

Frustrating couple of days for the north London massive - even that blizzard that crossed London missed me earlier, and dropped an inch in Ealing, literally 15 minutes' drive away.

Hey ho, it's only the weather!

You’re in good company - despite the headlines, most of Essex is snowless and that’s how it will stay tonight. Our area not favoured at all.

2 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

I am reaching peak frustration. Can't see anything exciting for north London tonight, showers seem to die as soon as they reach land. Although someone correct me if I'm missing something.

Frustrating couple of days for the north London massive - even that blizzard that crossed London missed me earlier, and dropped an inch in Ealing, literally 15 minutes' drive away.

Very frustrating. We have a dusting here in Chingford and we’ve had some snow showers over the last couple of days, but we’ve just been in the wrong place. Wind flows not favourable for us. 

Still think we might get something later tonight and tomorrow morning though. 

Probably the only eastern county not getting in on the action!🙈

1 minute ago, Big Snow said:

Yes sorry to here some folk are not getting this,

I have been waiting 35 years to take my sons where I used to sledge. I always told them of my times back then.

Today 50 year old hammering down the snow like a kid. Bucket list stuff.

There is a lot of snow moving inland . I hope you get it hard like here.

4 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

It's very frustrating as it does feel everyone around us is doing well! 

9 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Thames Estuary Shower died a death as soon as it hits land, whereas across the Estuary they keep getting stronger.

Kent and Coastal Suffolk and Norfolk going to get the goodies tonight

Got abig shower just approaching now dont look to bad slowish moving, light flkakes in the air cloud to the east moonn out

4 minutes ago, danm said:

Very frustrating. We have a dusting here in Chingford and we’ve had some snow showers over the last couple of days, but we’ve just been in the wrong place. Wind flows not favourable for us. 

Still think we might get something later tonight and tomorrow morning though. 

Hopefully. Thursday and Friday look interesting anyway. If, somehow, we miss a covering from that I'm moving to Iceland.

Still nothing in the Huntingdon area. I saw Peterborough had a decent shower or two earlier. Once again I suspect it will come to nothing for us.

1 minute ago, Uxbridge90 said:

It's very frustrating as it does feel everyone around us is doing well! 

Although in reality it's not. It's mainly areas within 20 or so miles of the Kent and Suffolk coast getting hit. It just seems like we're the only ones...

Must be a wind up being grouped as we are North London and rural East Anglia. Easterly do effect coastal communities Don,t know why Netweather done this. .

3 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Thanks...and while I'm at it I'll watch a video of someone winning the lottery...:)

I was thinking the same /......... oh we did get snow today, I think around 0.1mm!!

3 minutes ago, rodthrutheblock said:

A beautiful dry bright and sunny day here and a dry snowless night so far.....disappointed to say the least.

C4B6EBF4-C824-4966-9C25-BB5696B0FBBA.jpeg

Hey, don't complain. Its clear from this that you have had more snow than many in our region :rofl:

Londoners not amused tonight. I lived there for 21 years and it was rare that we had decent snow, only 79,81,87 and 91 stand out in my memory. 

If it's any consolation, I miss the sultry hot summer days due to the sea breezes round here and there's often a thunderstorm shield in place around Colchester.

Horses for courses I guess. Ultimately being able to buy a 3 bedroom house for less than £200k is what keeps me here.    

26 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Just watching the radar animation and the showers in the N. Sea look to be intensifying and grouping together. Also helped by a more easterly nudge to the wind.

Yup, hopefully they keep clumping as they move through the Thames Estuary.

bigger showers now starting to form and very heavy ones heading now easterly 

out from the sea 

should start seeing more coming in land by midnight 

10 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

Amen brother. Looking at these charts last week most of us would have been amazed if we weren't under 5cm by now at the very least. 

Still, I've enjoyed the extremely rare phenomenon of wearing full winter clothing on the Tube and still feeling cold. And our Indian folks in the office were staring in awe at the flurrys we had on Monday. For some of them it was their first sight of snow.

heavy thunder-snow shower heading this way look at all the strikes of the coast!!

7 minutes ago, Big Snow said:

I know all about it. I could barely believe it when i drove nearby Ealing. The low temperatures have been the most impressive thing about this cold spell so far:)

Let’s compare our cms  in the morning.

at the moment, the people with snow are vastly outnumbered by those without. 

Lets hope the next 12 hours rectifies that!