Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Recommended Posts

Been very heavy snow in Norwich for the last few hours - quite a few cm's already! Loving this and still coming down!! 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like some interesting developments with the 18z GFS in regards to the low at the end of the week! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This becomes more of a nowcast situation.   I guess it’s a case of pulling back the curtains in the morning ...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluearmy said:

This becomes more of a nowcast situation.   I guess it’s a case of pulling back the curtains in the morning ...........

You tease BA! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blob near Maldon is holding it's strength as it starts to move Westwards... The wind does seem to have changed to more of an Easterly. Looking promising still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saint said:

Sounds like some interesting developments with the 18z GFS in regards to the low at the end of the week! 

The jet has changed and stayed further south - means cold is staying for longer - snow situation for our region still not clear though, could mean main precip stays a bit further South and fizzles on Friday. One to watch. Never known charts to change mind so radically in a short space of time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently lost power here due to a really heavy snow storm and associated lightning. Thick snow on the ground here now but thankfully power is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

The jet has changed and stayed further south - means cold is staying for longer - snow situation for our region still not clear though, could mean main precip stays a bit further South and fizzles on Friday. One to watch. Never known charts to change mind so radically in a short space of time 

Yes, at the moment it looks like the further south and west the better. However, as you said there's so much change going on it could easily be very different come tomorrow! 

We've also got tonight and tomorrow's snow chances anyway first! 

Edited by saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last the steering winds are now starting to benefit 'us' :)

Edited by DAVID SNOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Recently lost power here due to a really heavy snow storm and associated lightning. Thick snow on the ground here now but thankfully power is back.

Yep lights were flickering in the pub.  Real nice to experience this again. I was very negative yesterday. Blown away today.  Brancaster is the place to be tonight. it is still chucking it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robster said:

Been very heavy snow in Norwich for the last few hours - quite a few cm's already! Loving this and still coming down!! 👌

Hope it continues overnight but I'm naturally pessimistic. Would like another snow day tomorrow. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

winds now more eastly might actually get some snow here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems I missed all the action on the forums while I was at work today :p

But I didn't miss the blizzard London got though!! Completely covered the streets in 10minutues 9And for Central London, that is impressive! :shok:)

Anyway, lots of surprise falls still to come for our region, so all is still to play for! :good:

Bitterly cold out at -3c with snow still in places around my area!

Still enjoying this cold snap until it ends! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching the radar animation and the showers in the N. Sea look to be intensifying and grouping together. Also helped by a more easterly nudge to the wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowwonder said:

Wondering if that clump of showers over Lowestoft now heading towards Beds? any thoughts? 

I think the midlands will get hammered to night. some serious snow heading your way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thames Estuary Shower died a death as soon as it hits land, whereas across the Estuary they keep getting stronger.

Kent and Coastal Suffolk and Norfolk going to get the goodies tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Team Jo said:

Just watching the radar animation and the showers in the N. Sea look to be intensifying and grouping together. Also helped by a more easterly nudge to the wind.

Jo, can you see a true Thames streamer setting up tonight? Conditions seem to be perfect for it 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prolonged heavy small flaked snow now, approaching a couple of inches in last hour and a bit. Lovely. Worth staying up I feel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone interested.. Alongside great radars such as Netweather etc.. On Android I find the App : Weather and Radar - To Be Very Good As You Get the Rain Radar For The Whole Of Europe.. So you can see why Scotland is in for a pasting overnight

 

 

Screenshot_2018-02-27-22-12-42.png

Edited by Buzzit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Will Whittaker said:

I think the midlands will get hammered to night. some serious snow heading your way.

 

Hope your right hardly anything in Bedford/Mk so far. Fingers crossed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reaching peak frustration. Can't see anything exciting for north London tonight, showers seem to die as soon as they reach land. Although someone correct me if I'm missing something.

Frustrating couple of days for the north London massive - even that blizzard that crossed London missed me earlier, and dropped an inch in Ealing, literally 15 minutes' drive away.

Hey ho, it's only the weather!

Edited by Big Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowwonder said:

Hope your right hardly anything in Bedford/Mk so far. Fingers crossed 

we have had snowfall for a couple of hours now constant. still hammering down. I hope you get it. I really do its magical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...