Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

1 minute ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

Threatening clouds now encroaching coastline.

BA66AE40-324B-4713-955D-AAAECF1E755B.jpeg

Can see them from here - snowing now, first since midday. 

Ok, so we have the triangle of doom, the rectangle of shame, what else?

(the circle of insanity - right over Lassie's house!:clap:)

Moderate snow shower giving a covering as surfaces have dried out since the afternoon. Quite dark too!

10 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Ok, so we have the triangle of doom, the rectangle of shame, what else?

(the circle of insanity - right over Lassie's house!:clap:)

'Band of cold banality'...  in Welwyn

...for the time being :drinks:

Hopefully we all see more in the way of showers this evening and overnight. The showers seem to be building in the north sea now, and as the winds veer round more overnight some should get further inland. 

Bit "meh" this snow lark.

Just chuffin' chilly.

Partly cloudy, intermittent light snow and -1C...and the wind has backed due North and fallen to 3mph...Troughing in the North Sea, anyone?:yahoo:

13 minutes ago, Pixel said:

'Band of cold banality'...  in Welwyn

...for the time being :drinks:

Polygon of pathetic? Rhomboid of rubbish? Hexagon of horror? 

1 minute ago, Bobby93 said:

Hopefully we all see more in the way of showers this evening and overnight. The showers seem to be building in the north sea now, and as the winds veer round more overnight some should get further inland. 

There look to be some showers pushing through Suffolk now heading in my general direction. No idea if they will hold together long enough but if they do should hopefully give at least a dusting.

Is it just me or are those showers in the estuary moving SW towards Kent and not us?

3 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Polygon of pathetic? Rhomboid of rubbish? Hexagon of horror? 

all in one place? that has got to be interesting (-:

2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Partly cloudy, intermittent light snow and -1C...and the wind has backed due North and fallen to 3mph...Troughing in the North Sea, anyone?:yahoo:

Let's hope so and it gives more of our region a good covering tonight. Looking at my local forecast things should get going in the early hours and continue most of the morning. Need a bit of luck though I think.

4 minutes ago, snowblind said:

There look to be some showers pushing through Suffolk now heading in my general direction. No idea if they will hold together long enough but if they do should hopefully give at least a dusting.

Fingers crossed they don't fizzle out, but at least anything that falls now we don't have to worry about the sun :cold-emoji:

2 minutes ago, Bobby93 said:

Fingers crossed they don't fizzle out, but at least anything that falls now we don't have to worry about the sun :cold-emoji:

My thoughts exactly.

beautifully blue all day:nea::nonono::oops::cold::wallbash::D
hmmm ... still a bit of snow in the Cambridge shade.... high of 1C ... that sun is a real snow thawer

Back down to -1C now ..... any change in wind direction?

eira caergrawnt.png

Edited by Bryn Webster

Bloody cold out even the dogs didnt want to stay out long. Can see lots of high cloud heading in from the Fens

5 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

hmmm ... still a bit of snow in the Cambridge shade.... high of 1C ... that sun is a real snow thawer

Back down to -1C now ..... any change in wind direction?

eira caergrawnt.png

I wish a wind of change also

'Not a sausage' - LOL- Round here it's 'Not a chipolata' for the foreseeable, jus cold )-:

edit, right I'm off to set fire to something to keep warm, might be back later if i don't fall asleep, mulled wine at m' side

Edited by Pixel
given up

The roads are completely treacherous out there, black ice has formed readily in Central London, so anyone travelling, please be careful!

We had a heavy snow shower at about 1:30 but 5 mins later there was blue sky. No accumulations on my short drive home from North Bucks to North Beds. 

Is Thursdays/Fridays event looking like a non starter for our area ? Most models seem to keep the precipitation over the southwest and into Ireland. 

Clear skies again. Can’t see us getting anything tonight either.

6 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Bloody cold out even the dogs didnt want to stay out long. Can see lots of high cloud heading in from the Fens

Don’t hold your breathe for this location. We should have had some heavy showers but nada. Further south and east will do much better. Thursday we are dry. Winds in the wrong direction.  And friday is a hit and miss