Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

Just now, bluearmy said:

sun coming back out in central London and if that's the case then it will all be a distant memory within the hour !

Yep unfortunately!

That’s the shower we had in Chingford. Showers definitely travelling more east to west now. Hopeing for some more when the sun weakens

Edited by john mac

Nothing here as well - looking at the latest radar, Cambridge is probably the furthest from any shower activity In the whole UK. Sounds about right! :D

Looks good elsewhere - plenty of beefy stuff blowing in from the NE, but nothing really coming from the Norfolk coast our way today. A bad luck day for sure.

1 hour ago, MKMartin said:

You may have gone by now but the KA would be the easier option in terms of driving.  Front wheel drive and skinny tyres perform far better in the snow than rear wheel drive and lots of bhp.  Have a safe trip whatever you have used!

In the end there was no choice my Merc wouldn't even get me off the drive just wheel locked up. The little ka however sailed off lol 

• Like 1

B4-12z suites run...

As a' region we look fairly well placed(as a whole) for thrs/fri event...

If we were to be greedy/selfish...as most likely would!we need to see the Lps -as of 12z make inroads and begin non northern-exection via pivot of low.

This both gains in snow amounts-widspread coverage...and holds the cold in longer....perhaps a lot longer-as we gain and continue with a decent easterly/south easterly flow...that being about30% on a 100 % scale atm....but certainly possible.

Things ramping up now!!!

gfs-0-96.png6z

gfs-0-72.png6z

Gfs.

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, slater said:

Let’s hope something does come off like this! Beast from the east so far to me is a complete farce lol! 

Changing the link to 48hr is more interesting for those on the northern bank of the Thames in this thread rather than EA haha (I hope you get as much as possible !)

Well that was nice! After having been between the showers for the past 24 hours, we finally got a covering here in Central London. Got about 2cm in 15 minutes and now the sky is blue and the sun is shining. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Some seriously Impressive Temps at 2pm today with -2c widely across Essex. Great convection as well

Paul what’s the chance of a Thames streamer as the wind veers more easterly?