East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, slater said:

The snow that we did have is rapidly melting in the strong ☀️. Glad I can now tell on the know it alls in the model forum that the 3foot drifts never materialised ha! Really tho this has all been ramp up ! Monday and today was meant to be serious wind chill , well I can say not a breath of wind and the air temp is -1c but in the sun feels mild 

The amount of abuse I got last week from 'know it alls' for suggesting we wouldn't get a 3ft snow drift was astonishing .... including being accused of being a troll! People just forgot the true extent of an easterly in March with strong sunshine... 

Never the less some have had 3 inch dumps this morning so can't complain for March really!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Decisions my Mercedes AMG sport rear wheel drive automatic with heated seats windscreen or my daughter's KA with nothing heated? gotta go work got not option ?

You may have gone by now but the KA would be the easier option in terms of driving.  Front wheel drive and skinny tyres perform far better in the snow than rear wheel drive and lots of bhp.  Have a safe trip whatever you have used!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MKMartin said:

You may have gone by now but the KA would be the easier option in terms of driving.  Front wheel drive and skinny tyres perform far better in the snow than rear wheel drive and lots of bhp.  Have a safe trip whatever you have used!

And cheaper to fix! lol

A few flakes here now. This shower appears to have formed inland...

Edited by mishy
7 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

The amount of abuse I got last week from 'know it alls' for suggesting we wouldn't get a 3ft snow drift was astonishing .... including being accused of being a troll! People just forgot the true extent of an easterly in March with strong sunshine... 

Never the less some have had 3 inch dumps this morning so can't complain for March really!

Maybe we can keep the I told you so's until AFTER the chances of snow have gone?  People have had such a strop on various forums moaning about only getting an inch or what not, moaning about the met office warnings etc but we've still got tomorrow and Thursday with more snow forecast for many.  Once we get to the weekend then we can do the I told you so's but considering we're still inside the forecast period for me it's a bit too soon to say no snow drifts etc because there's still more to come yet, it may well be little or not the amounts suggested but forecasters can only go with what's in front of them tempered with experience if the models get it wrong then it's wrong

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, john mac said:

On a knife edge for thurs-fri. 100 miles eastwards and we’re in the amber zone.

'As again'- west of region thursday/-rest of region possibly following suite into friday!!!!

• Like 2

Net Weather forum newbie here (although have been a long term lurker haha!) :) Whilst clearly there's been a lot of snow out east into Kent and parts of Essex I'm quite disappointed with what we've had so far here from the so called 'Beast from the East' in North London - we had a couple of moderate- heavy snow showers yesterday giving a dusting and a half hearted attempt at a flurry mid morning today - even spotted a guy in a T shirt and shorts on Finchley High Road earlier - in the sunshine you'd think it was Spring if you didn't look at the temperature! :cold: Any chance that us North/ West London lot may see anything later as next chance for any significant snow looks to be the interesting but equally not definite snow event Thursday into Friday possibly lasting into Saturday?? 

Big fluffy flakes in Camden town!

Hubs just called and it's been snowing quite hard at home on the a128 between brentwood and grays.

I'll be leaving work early this afternoon methinks,