Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

3 minutes ago, Snowman31 said:

Yes, unfortunately. Cursed part of the country for snow. It only snows here when the conditions aren't right for settling. Tomorrow morning the winds swing back to easterly to bring showers more inland again just when the conditions deteriorate for settling snow

Not for sure there are showers that are spreading down from Norwich area 

Living in earls colne nor Colchester , sat up in living room lamppost watching !!! Why am I impatient to see snow!!! 

Got a feeling I could be disappointed tonite , hope I'm wrong not a lot of cloud in the sky . I'm hoping that when my alarm goes off at 5 il be pleasantly suprised

21 minutes ago, Dami said:

We in bedford demand a refund.  Gah.

Get in the queue, Norwich people get the refund first!

What did look east forecast say?

Not that much activity in the north sea at the moment though. I thought it was due to really kick off tonight. 

9 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Here in SWF I'm so close to the line I'm getting annoyed with Burnham on Crouch for taking all my snow. 

don't worry.they passed it on to us.

They're nice like that . . . 

in all due fairness I don't want much show in the next 24hrs, after that it can snow all it wants :D

2 minutes ago, tinybill said:

bulls  eye

gfs-2-30.png

Is that gonna hit essex tonite mate

1 minute ago, tinybill said:

bulls  eye

gfs-2-30.png

Nice. I see a few people are getting downhearted, the Amber warning was from 2am so 5 hours to go. I also seem to recall that there's a point when 850hpa temps are much lower than the sea level temp more convection is triggered, which might explain the 2am thing. All to play for. 

More showers moving inland from the Suffolk coast towards London. Just now depends on whether they will fizzle out or not before it gets here

1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Problem is if you watch the frames they are dying out as they move further in land :wallbash:

Yes, But the intensity is increasing along with moisture content dragged up from the channel...This is the beauty of Easterly's.. Everything to play for, The hardest part was the Easterly building in the reliable, Now its not the question of IF, Just WHEN...Enjoy  

33 minutes ago, CatLewis said:

Hi! My first post, but have been lurking for a while. I'm about ten miles north of Norwich (in the rectangle of shame, apparently) and it's fair to say it's been pretty grim pickings today. Fingers crossed we get something decent overnight! 

31 minutes ago, Rayleighlass said:

No way, I’m in Rayleigh and grass is green.  😱😱. I’m obviously on the wrong side 🤣🤣😂

30 minutes ago, brenbrenbren said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, etc etc!

I wouldn't quite say whiteout, but it's been bucketing down quite nicely in Leigh-on-Sea for the past 10 minutes :)

Hi everyone - a very warm welcome to the thread!! :smile:

Although maybe in the circumstances I should be giving you a freezing cold welcome and wishing you lots of snow! Anyway, I hope you see lots over the next few days. :cold:

3 minutes ago, big jay said:

Is that gonna hit essex tonite mate

that's for tomorrow evening . . . 

Calling all my South Essex peeps. How far west has the snow got. Any reports from Thurrock?

Just noticed they have expanded the amber warning to cover more of London.

5 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Yes, But the intensity is increasing along with moisture content dragged up from the channel...This is the beauty of Easterly's.. Everything to play for, The hardest part was the Easterly building in the reliable, Now its not the question of IF, Just WHEN...Enjoy  

Thanks for the response and hope you are right :D

6 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Calling all my South Essex peeps. How far west has the snow got. Any reports from Thurrock?

Take that as a no then. :(

According to the radar there have been 2 lightning strikes off the Essex coast!

Edited by Frostbite1980

2 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

According to the radar there have been 2 lightning strikes off the Essex coast!

Yes I noticed this a little while ago. Sferics off Essex coast a little over an hour ago. 

Snow is really heavy here now. I will add some photos shortly!!! :cold:

4 minutes ago, Nizzer said:

Take that as a no then. :(

Got a light covering in Basildon a couple of hours ago but its clear skies here so presumably not much west of here.