Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tinybill said:

bulls  eye

gfs-2-30.png

Nice. I see a few people are getting downhearted, the Amber warning was from 2am so 5 hours to go. I also seem to recall that there's a point when 850hpa temps are much lower than the sea level temp more convection is triggered, which might explain the 2am thing. All to play for. 

• Like 1

More showers moving inland from the Suffolk coast towards London. Just now depends on whether they will fizzle out or not before it gets here

1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Problem is if you watch the frames they are dying out as they move further in land :wallbash:

Yes, But the intensity is increasing along with moisture content dragged up from the channel...This is the beauty of Easterly's.. Everything to play for, The hardest part was the Easterly building in the reliable, Now its not the question of IF, Just WHEN...Enjoy  

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, CatLewis said:

Hi! My first post, but have been lurking for a while. I'm about ten miles north of Norwich (in the rectangle of shame, apparently) and it's fair to say it's been pretty grim pickings today. Fingers crossed we get something decent overnight! 

31 minutes ago, Rayleighlass said:

No way, I’m in Rayleigh and grass is green.  ??. I’m obviously on the wrong side ???

30 minutes ago, brenbrenbren said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster, etc etc!

I wouldn't quite say whiteout, but it's been bucketing down quite nicely in Leigh-on-Sea for the past 10 minutes :)

Hi everyone - a very warm welcome to the thread!! :smile:

Although maybe in the circumstances I should be giving you a freezing cold welcome and wishing you lots of snow! Anyway, I hope you see lots over the next few days. :cold:

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Yes, But the intensity is increasing along with moisture content dragged up from the channel...This is the beauty of Easterly's.. Everything to play for, The hardest part was the Easterly building in the reliable, Now its not the question of IF, Just WHEN...Enjoy  

Thanks for the response and hope you are right :D

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

According to the radar there have been 2 lightning strikes off the Essex coast!

Yes I noticed this a little while ago. Sferics off Essex coast a little over an hour ago. 

Snow is really heavy here now. I will add some photos shortly!!! :cold:

3 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

Euro4 snow depths for 9am tomorrow.

28423572_10156645163033268_7598814102594

Well that’s well off already, my sister in Spalding already has 5cm and that was before a nice shower just went through. Just shows how unpredictable this all is.

Edited by Frostbite1980