Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Hope the curse of the Polystyrene Balls does not affect the Coasts A la 2009 - Seems to be big fluffy flakes further inland with no problem settling 

Don't say that Paul, shouldn't be a problem this time around. Some big towers going up ENE of me...it's only a matter of time....

Visibility down to a few hundred meters here its a blizzard outside !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light snow here but looks like a bank of cloud to the NE.

radar looking great heading towards London moderate snow here covering everything last 25 mins

Yep big shower here and becoming blustery. Could get near a cm or so if it lasts for longer than twenty minutes.

Total cloud cover again. 

is this due to continue through the day? i'm in east london.

Edited by exodus

Clear and sunny here with a light wind.

You're welcome:hi:

snow.thumb.jpg.f0bde9c915dc56c459dcb13a2192c66a.jpg This was earlier, lots of places in Essex already got a few cms and this is meant to be the prelude .:yahoo:

Rest easy @Paul Sherman big time shower passing through Southend now. Massive flakes and we have coverage

Nothing here either, looks like any shower clouds that are blowing in are decaying before they reach us. Parts of Suffolk and Essex look like they are doing pretty well - as expected.

Went for a walk down to the beach and by the time i got back the sun had melted most of our nearly 1cm of snow except from in the shade.. hopefully the ground now being damp doesn't stop any more settling i was starting to feel positive we would get some proper snow. (proper snow being more then a few cm's that lasts longer then half hour..)

Big flakes in the shower that past about 20 mins ago in Leigh on sea, quite relieved at that! Another blob incoming and intensifying, now it’s starting to look interesting in the North Sea

Edited by lewis028

Morning all :)

Yes, a dusting/covering here in East London at present after a shower but sky now clearing with some weak sunshine. Will be interested to see how this develops.

Just now, Kim Mitchell said:

Showers to the north of me,

Showers to the south,

Here I am,

stuck in the middle with nowt.

😏

you should catch something eventually, if Norwich has managed a dusting then so can you!

Morning everyone,

Sunshine in Central Bedfordshire. Not a flake so far. 

3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Nothing here either, looks like any shower clouds that are blowing in are decaying before they reach us. Parts of Suffolk and Essex look like they are doing pretty well - as expected.

Likewise - Cambridge area never has done well from an Easterly/SE'ly. Best chances with an organised trough/system - can't say there are too many of those due in the next few days, 2/3 maybe. Our best chances will be when they pass through... definitely don't envisage anything like 20cm around this area unfortunetely, an inch or 2 by Wednesday MAYBE. Hoping this LP system materialises for Thurs/Fri but seems to be getting downgraded with every run..

Snow has now fizzled. Hopefully we'll catch a few more showers before the wind turns more NE

Just now, Mark Bayley said:

Snow has now fizzled. Hopefully we'll catch a few more showers before the wind turns more NE

Do you think we will  get anything around our parts when the wind veers to the NE? 

Well it huffed and puffed and now brilliant sunshine. 

I'm slightly too far north for the big action but still expect a cm or two from today.