Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It has stopped snowing here. A reasonable covering here so at the very least there was a decent snow event here.

20180303_042750.jpg

Posted

Just been out to feed and water the birds, reckon we had 3ins to 4ins of snow yesterday, noticeably warmer and weather station reads -0.1c

Seed and fat balls depleted, off up town later to replenish supplies, be nice to warm up a bit this week 

Edited by huntso
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Three inches on the bins here so not a bad effort at all. 

20180303_073103.jpg

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Hope those sheep were ok this morning.

Just got up, omg so much snow fell in the night i think we must be snowed in again!

• Like 2

Posted

Another couple of inches here overnight, my snow clearing effort was for nowt :girl_devil:  time to start over again. Here’s hoping that rain the Beeb are forecasting for tomorrow melts it all and we can get back to normal (sorry I know some don’t want it to go, but I’ve had my fill of it) temps allegedly up to 9c with sun Monday :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted

Overall a pretty decent cold spell with temps never getting above freezing this week and many days of snow actually falling. Currently have a very decent covering here as photos from other members in Peterborough have shown. Only negative comments is I cannot help thinking to myself what if?

What if during Wednesday when the coldest upper temps, lowest thickness values were over the UK, the winds were a ENE,ly rather than the ESE,ly? All the snow that fell across Scotland/NE England would of hit here instead?

What if the cold spell occurred in Dec/Jan? even colder temps and more importantly the snowfall would of been much greater due to warmer N Sea SSTs.

So whilst a decent cold spell it still didn't match those E,lys I remember in the 1980s especially with regards to convective snowfall.

• Like 1

Posted

We had a lot of small flakes last night over hours - it built up to a few inches in places and others places only a cm or so - I assume this was the wind drifting the snow around. It was a lovely end to the cold :)

I took a couple more photos this morning while walking my dog - this is the Hampton area of Peterborough.

540F23FE-9509-4112-A99C-2E8C33260B87.jpeg

8D848E06-35E7-4D49-BA31-4683960C3B05.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Drip drip drip ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well epic end to a encore from the Easterly. Now it's drip drip drip. Very misty.

Posted

Right it is time, I am locking this thread in a few minutes and a new thread will be opened.

New thread here;

Edited by Captain Shortwave