Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I know what’s causing global warming it’s all these men farting. That’s why we don’t get much snow 

nah.. I'm holding off till saturday for a curry (-:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Methane gasses ... global warming is awful look at all the snow we don’t get from it 😂

Public announcement. If you wish to see plenty of snow stick a cork up the men’s butt it will stop the melt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pixel said:

nah.. I'm holding off till saturday for a curry (-:

You will melt the snow !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pixel said:

nah.. I'm holding off till saturday for a curry (-:

Pump away ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Pump away ! 

nooo... aww... it'll make everything slushy - wrong type of warming

I can hold it till the models tell me spring has arrived (-:

promise!

Edited by Pixel
apology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pixel said:

nooo... aww... it'll make everything slushy - wrong type of warming

I can hold it till the models tell me spring has arived (-:

Pmsl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pixel said:

nooo... aww... it'll make everything slushy - wrong type of warming

I can hold it till the models tell me spring has arived (-:

I can’t even reply can I ! As I will get banned if I did 😂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I can’t even reply can I ! As I will get banned if I did 😂  

:bad::whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lampostwatcher said:

can't grumbe

18030218_0118.gif.570ced23f2dd5159e290b09a6ff3cea4.gif

Indeed, we shall see tomorrow what happens! Lots of uncertainty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put the dogs out for a final toilet break and almost had my legs removed by that wind. Hell's bell's it's more than perishing, what snow hasn't frozen is now piled up in huge drifts. Temps up to 15C next weekend would be so welcome right now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

I can’t even reply can I ! As I will get banned if I did 😂  

Try posting in the moan thread... the tollorence for wind in there is unbelievable!

These local threads for local people are far more flatulent.. it's like we understand life is real... or something

 

and anticipation of weather surprises here is nice - not riduculed

 

but maybe i'm just getting old

and wise.. 

 

3pm tomorrow (friday) is my bet for some more snow to finish off this winter

Edited by Pixel
spwellin again+ prediction
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going back tonight's event which hasn't produced much so far 

I can' help but notice that that massive clump out in France is edging further east 

hence why the WARNING stops out 8am 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, saint said:

Indeed, we shall see tomorrow what happens! Lots of uncertainty. 

Keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have touched upon, the winds have really picked up this evening. Drifting continuing to be evident. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lampostwatcher said:

going back tonight's event which hasn't produced much so far 

I can' help but notice that that massive clump out in France is edging further east 

hence why the WARNING stops out 8am 

I don’t want no more snow ❄️ I want some sun 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saint said:

As others have touched upon, the winds have really picked up this evening. Drifting continuing to be evident. 

Well the men need to stop farting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

Well the men need to stop farting 

it's the silent one's we need to be aware of:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/04/cow-farts-really-significantly-contribute-global-warming/

 

Snow seems to be failing to reach us here..

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

but there's hope on Friday (today) later

http://wxcharts.eu/?panel=default&model=arpege,arpege,arpege,arpege&region=europe&chart=overview,winteroverview,wind10mkph,snowdepth&run=18&step=009&plottype=10&lat=51.904&lon=-0.154&skewtstep=0

Visual surprises for everyone ^

but if you've time on your hands for the water vapour fab thing:

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_NHEM/animweur.html

 

must retire too much mulled wine

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pixel said:

Try posting in the moan thread... the tollorence for wind in there is unbelievable!

These local threads for local people are far more flatulent.. it's like we understand life is real... or something

 

and anticipation of weather surprises here is nice - not riduculed

 

but maybe i'm just getting old

and wise.. 

 

3pm tomorrow (friday) is my bet for some more snow to finish off this winter

Think we are far more tolerant and polite in regional threads !! Have just touched base with my OLD ground with @Jackfrost lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved this memorable event yesterday, today it's wearing thin. So much so I have drunk copious amounts red wine and I know it :rofl:

To see the models potentially prolong this cold well into March is not great news.

As you can see it's taking it's toll :crazy:  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well if the gfs is right its our turn   do i tell her  to work from home

gfs-2-18.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reading our other thread freezing  rain in kent and london

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through the Regional threads this morning made me chuckle. 

Now we are nearing the end of the cold spell = “I’m really happy, I want spring now” / “this cold has been too much” / “that wind has been too cold” / “I’ve had enough of the snow” 

Are you kidding me? Most of us (not all) but most are on here for cold and snow in winter. 

We get 1 week of cold weather with the first powder snow in years and now some have had enough after 7 days..... :pardon:

4 months of the winter chasing snow then once we have it.. let’s wish it away!!! :yahoo:

Can’t wait for the damp, mild drizzly weather to make a return... come on!! 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

Reading through the Regional threads this morning made me chuckle. 

Now we are nearing the end of the cold spell = “I’m really happy, I want spring now” / “this cold has been too much” / “that wind has been too cold” / “I’ve had enough of the snow” 

Are you kidding me? Most of us (not all) but most are on here for cold and snow in winter. 

We get 1 week of cold weather with the first powder snow in years and now some have had enough after 7 days..... :pardon:

4 months of the winter chasing snow then once we have it.. let’s wish it away!!! :yahoo:

Can’t wait for the damp, mild drizzly weather to make a return... come on!! 

Absolutely!! We’ve only waited 5 years for a decent cold and snowy spell. Bring it on. 

Rain and mild danknes can wait another week. 👍👍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...